The time is now

Hujan

Mulligan. Bring scott back, or someone who can make our running game tough again.

What is your basis for bringing in Scott..Oregon doesn't exactly have a power run game that I've seen. I'm not against the idea...but it is from a sentimental stance, not a "think he'd be a great head coach" stance.

You'd see his philos' be different if he wasn't running Helfrich's/Chip's system.

I read an article in 2013 (IIRC) that he believes in the concepts of power run game but out of multiple looks.

• Fire 1

Firing Riley will never be easier to do than after this season. Firing him will only be more disruptive and problematic for the program 2-3 years down the road. Easy come, easy go.

Fire Riley.

I am not ready to fire Riley....this year. I am pretty slow to action...but i do feel like we need to get some huge upgrades in coordinators...and even with that, as much of a koolaid drinker as I am...Riley has to show a turn around from game one next year or that's it. I am not on the side of firing Riley this year, but I'd be silent if they do. Not my call.

Normally I'd agree. until this. You should be able to beat Purdue half asleep. No excuse. If you cant eek enough motivation out of these guys to not only beat Purdue, but to not get run off the field by em ( cuz dont kid yourself. this was a whoopin), then it's safe to call a spade a spade. Eichorst screwed up. We wanted a change and that was fine. But the hire failed. I just dont think it can be spun anymore. Somethings are just unnacceptable beyond reason. Im off the opinion that this game today is one of those cases.

Ooops didn't get the reference lol.

Anyway why do people think firing a coach in year one will instantly solve anything?

I don't think anyone is delusional enough to think there is an instant solution. But it is painfully apparent this staff was not and is not the solution for anything. I don't really care because there are no good options at this point in time but waiting to make the change is only putting off the inevitable. So, probably better to do it sooner rather than later.

My father just made the decision to not renew his season tickets next year. He's had them since 2001 and always loved going to games. How many more season ticket holders are we gonna lose? At this point it might be a forgone conclusion that the sellout streak will end if no changes are made.

IMO the only way to save the sellout streak is to fire MR. Do not let him replace his staff. This team is not good at fundamentals. If you bring in a great defensive staff, the Huskers will be just good enough not to fire MR

This one hurt today and can't believe it but here we are again with mounting evidence this was a poor hire. I have nothing against Riley. This was a fairly easy schedule with a fairly solid team. The absolute worst was like 7 wins. We are not even close.

Look at the teams who beat us:

Purdue - how long was it since they won a BIG 10 game?

Illinois - interim coach, poor team

Miami - fired their coach

Wisconsin - new coach and one of their worst teams in awhile

BYU - inexcusable hail mary

Northwestern - less talent than us

We beat Minnesota...and their coach has now walked away. We have not beaten anyone this year!

The coaching, the actual play on the field, it is all bad. I don't even know where to start anymore. Nate Gerry used to be a solid player. He looks lost, slow, timid. Some of the units are horridly bad. I don't think I have seen a worse secondary all year. The OL is one of the worst I have seen.