Sipple: NU Leaders Face Tough Decisions

the next regime will immediately be a breath of fresh air. Hopefully it is the correct hires and its some people who understand Nebraska and its culture.

The one day it would take to get incoming players to understand is apparently too much. Cally couldnt do it, Bo couldnt do it, dont believe Riley has done it. Its so f'ing simple. Get previous players, coaches, admin, etc to come in and talk about it. I'd say it wouldnt be hard to find former players to come in.

• Fire 1

(cough) Scott Frost (cough)

If we can't get Tom Herman or Pat Narduzzi, I'm jumping on the Scott Frost train with you. Influenced by Walsh, Osborne, Parcells, Belichick, Snyder, Chip Kelly and Gruden...the only way you can improve that list is if he was somehow coached by Vince Lombardi as well.

• Fire 1

So happy to finally see local media start calling everyone out. Lets get this thing going.

I'll start a gofundme page asking for donations to rent UHAUL trucks for Riley and Echorst.

This attitude is completely disgusting.

55 points to Purdue is disgusting. Riley and Langsdorf have shown they have no interest in committing to the run in a league where you need to run in order to win. Why give them any more time?

No offense to Scott, but i really dont want that offense here. And im also not the "we need to run it every play, or bring back the option" guy. I like TRUE balance with an emphasis on imposing your will with the running game as your browser identity. Like USC in early 2000s, Alabama since Saban, Ohio St. for quite awhile now. Control the ball.

If you read media hosts opinion, those on this board and other Husker boards, we need to go back to our tradition. That is the strongest opinion. i would agree.

If that is the direction of the next move, whether now or next year, Frost seems the logical choice. Trev Alberts seems suited to be AD.

This would involve Osborne, potentially Gill, and other former Huskers who desire to coach and be with the program once again.

Forget the sexy hires, forget showing the money, and just go and get Frost for $3mil per. Settle in and let them have 5 years to correct this mess. It will now take at least 3 years no matter who is coaching to turn things around.

The Pelini firing set this program back. Players never bought in this year. Riley is a nice guy, but never should have come here. Never should have been in this position. This is what I feel is the only move available in the current situation. Frost belongs here. I think this would rejuvenate the program. Bring Gill back. Bring back Barney. Marvin, and the whole gang if necessary. I don't care if TO comes back as AD for a year or so.

• Fire 1

If we can't get Tom Herman or Pat Narduzzi, I'm jumping on the Scott Frost train with you. Influenced by Walsh, Osborne, Parcells, Belichick, Snyder, Chip Kelly and Gruden...the only way you can improve that list is if he was somehow coached by Vince Lombardi as well.

Said this in another thread.

Watching the Cougars tonight dismantle Vandy and the announcers were talking about Herman being a hot commodity for some of the openings. They listed several to include:

USC

Carolina Gamecocks

Miami

Maryland

and a few others.

What got me was they said that Herman wouldn't be a good fit at USC. His "style" didn't fit their culture. Same with the Gamecocks. Said he would be a better fit at Maryland, but then he was a Texas and Ohio guy. Said Fuentes would be a good fit or Smart form Bama (Carolina). They then said maybe Herman to Miami as the would need a "splash hire".

My point being, they specifically said just like kids look to schools that "fit", universities also look to find coaches who meet their culture/scheme and should be "splash hires" for those listed above.

NU did neither. Riley does not fit the culture of NU nor was it a splash hire.

Hope the next choice gets it right.......

The guys mentioned above "get the culture" of NU and would be splash hires.

• Fire 1

So happy to finally see local media start calling everyone out. Lets get this thing going.

I'll start a gofundme page asking for donations to rent UHAUL trucks for Riley and Echorst.

You might be the first person I ever put on ignore. And thats saying something considering the likes of early Hedley and Naturally Strong Family.

• Fire 3

I keep seeing you drop his name, but why? Just because he QB'd here? He has no HC experience and you're ready to hand him the reigns? Truth of the matter is, if he weren't a Nebraska boy his name wouldn't even be mentioned. And I like Frost.

• Fire 3

Could anyone take a program seriously that had three staffs on the payroll?

Hopefully Bo will get a FBS job which will help. Although, knowing him he would probably just stay at Youngstown to spite us. But if we get rid of Eichorst with Perlman gone this spring it might help.

Frost is running Oregons offense. SOme of you posters got tor realize that Frost is running what Helfrich wants and what Chip Kelly started. Frost knows the landscape. He knows Nebraska Football. He would know the Big 10 , because its alot like the Big 12/Big 8 he played in. He understands.

This is also why you hire TO or Trev to become AD. Simple plan. Forget about flashing the money. Hire someone that money is the least of the concerns. Since Solich, we have struck out 3 times. 3 times now hiring crap. 3 times hiring coaches with no Nebraska ties.

If we make this mistake one more time, this program is gone, and won't return. If we decide that Riley and Eichorst are done now, we are limited in interested parties in this gig. Good upcoming coaches won't come here. They will wait for a more stable atmosphere somewhere else. Money won't make a difference. Program that into your heads. Money will not buy a good enough coach. Bring in tradition, and bring in Nebraska ties.

• Fire 2

55 points to Purdue is disgusting. Riley and Langsdorf have shown they have no interest in committing to the run in a league where you need to run in order to win. Why give them any more time?

55 points to Purdue is disgusting you are right about that but it is also disgusting to watch adults act like this.

This crew is never going to give you a "run first" offense. Get over it. You aren't entitled to a "run first" offense and neither is anyone else. We also don't have to run in order to win in this conference or any other. That is a myth perpetuated by those who simply want Tom Osborne's offense back. The hard truth is, Tom Osborne is never going to be our coach again and it's long past time to move on. All the whinging in the world is not going to change these facts.

Riley and company may or may not be the right coaches for this job but those in charge will make the necessary decisions when its time.

• Fire 2