Shatel: Debacle at Purdue speeds up Husker timetable for Mike Riley, Shawn Eichorst

Saunders

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/shatel-debacle-at-purdue-speeds-up-husker-timetable-for-mike/article_8814d8cb-fc53-57be-b61b-01484b7d79c0.html

He had my until this line:

"Neither Eichorst nor Riley is getting fired and shouldn’t. The Nebraska job would become radioactive in the coaching frat."

This just kills me...........

Edited by Mavric
Merged threads

That article had me think of this for some reason.

Colin was right on a lot of what he said. Maybe not the stuff he said as a program but in regard to how it's hard to beat good teams...etc...

His line at the end about nice guys is priceless. (Spot on too, as we just saw vs Purdue)

Colin was absolutely right. And how about that line, "Nice guys don't beat top 25, they don't even beat top 75" Couldn't be more true this season.

id rather listen to a nun queef then listen to anything he has to say.

I would laugh at both equally.

I think Colin is really good. I love what he has to say and I actually agree with the guy on a lot of stuff.

I literally got the sports package with Charter back when he was at ESPN just so I could get ESPNU and watch his show. I did the same now that I have Dish Network and had to get the package that includes FS1. I love his show.

Colin was right on a lot of what he said. Maybe not the stuff he said as a program but in regard to how it's hard to beat good teams...etc...

His line at the end about nice guys is priceless. (Spot on too, as we just saw vs Purdue)

he was mostly right except when he said we would be turned down when we call a bunch of coaches, we only called one and didn't even bother to interview anyone else
  • Fire 1

he was mostly right except when he said we would be turned down when we call a bunch of coaches, we only called one and didn't even bother to interview anyone else

Yeah that's the part where I didn't agree with him. I don't believe he knew at the time the story of how Eichorst went after Riley. Shawn literally wanted him at South Carolina 10 years ago, put on the blinders and didn't take anyone else into consideration. Totally absurd. Frank Beamer's Hokies were conference champions 10 years ago....would anyone consider this guy for a coaching search last year? Basically the same logic.