Nate Gerry

Nate Gerry Bio: Huskers.com

Honors & Awards
» Team Captain (2015)
» 2015 Lott Trophy Watch List
» 2015 Preseason First-Team All-Big Ten (Lindy's)
» Second-Team All-Big Ten (Media, 2014)
» Honorable-Mention All-Big Ten (Coaches, 2014)
» Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week (Iowa, 2014)
» Nebraska Defensive co-MVP (2014)
» Honorable-Mention Big Ten All-Freshman Team (BTN, 2013)

Exhibit A on talent wasted by incompetent coaching.

two way street my man. two way street.

Nate Gerry is not being coached to do the things he's doing.

Knapp has the perfect analogy for this team...

"I'll pay anyone on this board $50 if you can coach me to type a specific sentence by next Sunday (11/8/15). You choose the sentence, you teach me to type it, and when I do, I'll get your address & send you $50.

This is not a joke. I will send you $50 if you accomplish this. Just pick your sentence and do whatever coaching you need to do to get me to type it here."

God damn. Just think and watch for a change instead of making assumptions. I'm not absolving coaching. So you need to quit absolving players.

• Fire 9

"I'll pay anyone on this board $50 if you can coach me to type a specific sentence by next Sunday (11/8/15). You choose the sentence, you teach me to type it, and when I do, I'll get your address & send you $50.

This is not a joke. I will send you $50 if you accomplish this. Just pick your sentence and do whatever coaching you need to do to get me to type it here."

God damn. Just think and watch for a change instead of making assumptions. I'm not absolving coaching. So you need to quit absolving players.

I missed that analogy wherever he posted it before, but it seems far from perfect. Knapp is financially motivated to not type that sentence. How are the players motivated to not do what they are coached? I'll buy that many are under-motivated by the staff, but how are they anti-motivated?

• Fire 2

I missed that analogy wherever he posted it before, but it seems far from perfect. Knapp is financially motivated to not type that sentence. How are the players motivated to not do what they are coached? I'll buy that many are under-motivated by the staff, but how are they anti-motivated?

Motivation is a coach's primary responsibility. For coaches that can do it, everything else is easy. For coaches who can't, everything else is practically impossible.

And there isn't a player on a team anywhere that doesn't want to be motivated.

Here, let me blow this one out of the water:

"I am going to teach you to type a specific sentence by next Sunday (11/18/15). I will choose a sentence, teach you to type it. If and when you don't do as you are told, I will take away your keyboard, and your desktop, your laptop, your tablet, your smart phone, any and all of them. I will get your internet disconnected and then cancel your phone plan, take away your minutes and data allotiment. They will all be gone, the entire lot of them. In short, you WILL type the sentence I have taught you to type BY 11/8/15, or you won't be typing ANYTHING to ANYONE, ANYWHERE." You can sit in a corner until you convince me that by giving you another chance, that sentence will appear promptly as taught to you...oh, and I'll need $75.00 from you, not the previously agreed upon $50.00, that is if you want to ever get back on the internet.

See how that works? :thumbs

As Captain John MacDougall used to tell his recruits at Fort Carson: "I can't make any of you do anything you don't want to do...but I can sure as Hell make you wish you would have..."

• Fire 8

Here, let me blow this one out of the water:

"I am going to teach you to type a specific sentence by next Sunday (11/18/15). I will choose a sentence, teach you to type it. If and when you don't do as you are told, I will take away your keyboard, and your desktop, your laptop, your tablet, your smart phone, any and all of them. I will get disconnect your internet, and then cancel your phone plan, the entire lot of them. In short, you WILL type the sentence I have taught you to type BY 11/8/15, or you won't be typing ANYTHING to ANYONE, ANYWHERE." You can sit in a corner until you convince me that by giving you another chance, that sentence will appear as taught to you...oh, and I'll need $75.00 from you, not the previously agreed upon $50.00, that is if you want to back on the internet.

See how that works? :thumbs

As Captain John MacDougall used to tell his recruits at Fort Carson: "I can't make any of you do anything you don't want to do...but I can sure as Hell make you wish you would have..."

post-12687-0-90812500-1446475610_thumb.gif

Nate Gerry is probably one of the players that is having some trouble buying into things right now. He has went from a secondary heavy defense that really allowed him to roam free in passing situations to a defense that has more run responsibility by him and doesn't allow for him to be a playmaker like he wants to be in the secondary.

I don't think it started out that way, but when you are having a season like this players can have doubts about what they are doing, when they don't see it working.

I know he has been sick, and I think it took him longer to really start feeling good than one would have expected.

It is tough when things aren't going the way you want or expected them to go to get real excited all the time.

• Fire 3