AD Shawn Eichorst issues a statement

Saunders

Bo was right about this much: Eichorst is a total pu&&y and a c&&t.

And even if Bo was right, it still doesn't mean he was justified in how he left town and aired his dirty laundry.

You didn't see me say that, did you? I merely said that he was right about his assessment of Eichorst.

So we're in agreement then?

Show me the person that thinks the player meeting was a good idea? I mean, I get where Pelini was coming from and I understand his anger, but of course that wasn't the right way to do things. Acknowledging that the guy was right about something is not an endorsement of him or his behavior.

We're on the wrong board to show you that. :) Thankfully. But I get what you're saying and agree with you.

Blah, blah, blah. Exactly what I thought SE would say. The only things he could say, really. One can come up with every excuse imaginable, or even play the "rebuilding" or "snake-bit" cards; but in the end NU is 3-6, last in the Big 10, and just got the smack down by bottom-feeder Purdue. If a good excuse for these things exists, I have not heard it. No political spin or sales-pitch-like jargon can change that. Patience, I have; but being asked to accept results like these due to "rebuilding", is insulting to my intelligence. I was patient when it took Osborne years to beat OU. I was patient when it took Osborne 20-some years to win it all. I was patient through the Solich, Callahan, and Pelini years, and I will continue to be patient. Patience for relevance, I have and can muster up; but, patience in the acceptance of this years results is not going to happen.

Is this really necessary? Who cares what Bo thinks. He did himself no favors to retain the head coaching position at Nebraska and hated you (the fan).

Forgive me if I don't give substantial credence to the grumblings of a man whose been fired.

Where did I say "real" fan. I said "normal" fan. The ones that can actually see what is happening, and understand it takes awhile to clean up a shithole of a program that Nebraska football has become over the past 10-15 years. The "normal" fan that doesn't call for the firing of everyone in the athletic department, because people are so impatient, and believe that "by golly, we are Nebraska, we should win by 70 every weekend" The "normal" fan that sees that all of the "real" fans are undermining recruiting and creating a self fulling prophecy of more and more ineptitude that is Nebraska football.

Go ahead, get your wish of Trev Alberts, and Scott Frost or whatever other former players you want in here to run the athletic department. Never mind the fact that you will have permanently set this program back for good, and burned whatever last hope there was of having a return to prominence.

And if you are brain dense enough not to understand what the point of this post is, then you are part of the problem, and not part of the solution.

win by 70 every week, not needed. Not losing to Illinois and Purdue in the same year,....yah that's needed, because, that's what kills recruiting...not the fans. Also, seems to me after your 10-15 years of crap football the Nebraska "Normal Fan" is the fan willing to accept mediocrity....fun times.

• Fire 2

Is this really necessary? Who cares what Bo thinks. He did himself no favors to retain the head coaching position at Nebraska and hated you (the fan).

Forgive me if I don't give substantial credence to the grumblings of a man whose been fired.

For someone who claims to not care what Bo thinks, you seem to give enough credence to overstate and misappropriate a past grumbling of his

• Fire 1

I would advise most people to relax. Eichorst has given two statements this season and both have been done from a position of weakness. He is feeling the heat from his constituents. The board will have to fire both the AD and place someone in there on an interim basis who's sole purpose would be to let Riley go. A 3-9 or 4-8 record is pretty idiotic to defend and I don't see that playing well to Eichorst' bosses. In his closing statement, he asks the fans to cheer on against Michigan State. I've been told that the game this Saturday carries more weight than most will come to realize.

I would advise most people to relax. Eichorst has given two statements this season and both have been done from a position of weakness. He is feeling the heat from his constituents. The board will have to fire both the AD and place someone in there on an interim basis who's sole purpose would be to let Riley go. A 3-9 or 4-8 record is pretty idiotic to defend and I don't see that playing well to Eichorst' bosses. In his closing statement, he asks the fans to cheer on against Michigan State. I've been told that the game this Saturday carries more weight than most will come to realize.

As in Riley can save his job with a win this weekend?

Where did I say "real" fan. I said "normal" fan. The ones that can actually see what is happening, and understand it takes awhile to clean up a shithole of a program that Nebraska football has become over the past 10-15 years. The "normal" fan that doesn't call for the firing of everyone in the athletic department, because people are so impatient, and believe that "by golly, we are Nebraska, we should win by 70 every weekend" The "normal" fan that sees that all of the "real" fans are undermining recruiting and creating a self fulling prophecy of more and more ineptitude that is Nebraska football.

Go ahead, get your wish of Trev Alberts, and Scott Frost or whatever other former players you want in here to run the athletic department. Never mind the fact that you will have permanently set this program back for good, and burned whatever last hope there was of having a return to prominence.

And if you are brain dense enough not to understand what the point of this post is, then you are part of the problem, and not part of the solution.

Did you watch the Purdue game?

The "S-hole" that this coach inherited was 9-4 (and very nearly 10-3) last season. Even Steve Sarkisian passed out on the sidelines of every game as our coach would be better than 3-6 with this team...and I am not joking.

• Fire 3

Oh let's not kid ourselves about it being a rebuilding project. It absolutely is a rebuilding project. That doesn't excuse the results, and I'm not happy with the coaches and Eichorst, but you have to look pass the wins and loss column.

Bo left a team that was so fundamentally bad it wasn't funny. Tackling, sustaining blocks and penalties were a nightmare over the last 3 years. Let's not forget how bad our S&C had gotten across the board. They weren't prepared at the most basic level to play football.

He also poisoned the well when he left town. There are a number of players on this team that haven't bought into the new program. Riley shares some of the blame for this. He needs to take those players off the field, and yes some of them are playing. Charlie Strong has had to go through similar issues at UT. Either get on the bus or stay at the station. We have other people who want to ride.

Recruiting was also less than stellar and will require hard work to be built back up. It wasn't a total breakdown as there is some talent here, certainly better than the numbers show. But it hasn't been great either.

Now this staff has made enough mistakes this season to warrant some heat. But this was absolutely a rebuild. This team was no where near competing for any kind of trophies before Riley & co. stepped in.

• Fire 3