TE Shaun Beyer [Iowa Commit]

Mavric

Well, Fant's world just got tougher since from what others have told me Beyer was a better player. Man, for the "Iowa Sucks" crowd ... they sure are handing it to us.

So much for ... "we are gonna really use the TE position" ... if so ... we sure don't seem to sell the recruits on that ... or they don't believe it. I'll move on and try to take comfort in what Zoogs said ... just a bit disappointed here.

Well, Fant's world just got tougher since from what others have told me Beyer was a better player. Man, for the "Iowa Sucks" crowd ... they sure are handing it to us.

So much for ... "we are gonna really use the TE position" ... if so ... we sure don't seem to sell the recruits on that ... or they don't believe it. I'll move on and try to take comfort in what Zoogs said ... just a bit disappointed here.

Listen, Beyer stated it was his dream to play for Iowa. Fant never said that.

If TE's don't believe it, check Carter's tape from the Rutgers game. Boom. Just because Iowa beat us out to this point for 2 TE's, I'd still take our recruiting class over theirs every day of the week and twice on Saturdays. We will land Farniok as well.

DYK: According to Rivals, Iowa has 1 unrated player(Beyer), 8 - 2 stars and 15 - 3 stars?

DYK: According to Rivlas, Nebraska has 11 - 3 stars and 3 - 4 stars?

Plus, we are in on tons of other guys with very good talent. Iowa is in on Farniok to fill their final spot. No reason to cry over spilled milk, and this is coming from someone who wanted Beyer.

I sure wouldn't say Iowa is sticking it to us when we are getting their best prospect out of Iowa

If they can't flip Fant, I'd really like to see the staff offer David Engelhaupt from Norfolk Catholic, who's currently committed to Wyoming, as a TE or ATH. Hell of an athlete, 6'4" 235 lbs and runs a 4.5. If anyone watched him in the state championship or any other time this season, he was very impressive playing FB/RB and LB. He seems like one of those Nebraska kids who we'd regret that he got away.

I sure wouldn't say Iowa is sticking it to us when we are getting their best prospect out of Iowa

Not really the same comparison for me. The Iowa OL commit, Raridon, was ours early being a legacy kid.

The "sticking it to us" was in regards to Iowa getting Fant (our guy) and then we offered Beyer and it sounded like he was ours until Iowa said they wanted him.