Sipple: NU Leadership Must Get on Same Page

Mavric

That's why we need a unifying person, like Karen Jennings or Darin Erstad, who everyone will get behind to represent the university. There are plenty of lawyers around who would be glad to work out the legalities, but it would sure help if the department had an ambassador who everyone knows and trusts.

That's why we need a unifying person, like Karen Jennings or Darin Erstad, who everyone will get behind to represent the university. There are plenty of lawyers around who would be glad to work out the legalities, but it would sure help if the department had an ambassador who everyone knows and trusts.

Terry Pettit.

• Fire 1

Terry Pettit.

Hahahahahaha

• Fire 2

Terry Pettit.

Choosing Pettit last time around would've been far more unifying than what we got.

Gonna repeat what I put in another thread.

Listening to the Husker Online podcast last night while working out, and they were not exactly thrilled with Harvey and Shawn. It's not like they're wanting Bo back either. These guys have made it known that they saw alot of shortcomings under Bo, and haven't shied away from blaming relevant issues on him either, all while doing alot of praising of Riley and Co during the offseason for how they handled things. They didn't even discuss the current product on the field in relation to the AD and Chancellor either, they were just appalled at the lack of professionalism and timing displayed by the two had guys. Sean Callahan said that Harvey doing a OWH interview where he was discussing recruiting and trashing the former coaches was bizarre and extremely ill-timed. His comment was something along the lines of Harvey knowing less about recruiting than any coach or assistant on the staff, ever. They also took Eichorst to task for his complete 180 on "commenting during the season" and the weirdness of releasing the statement of support right before Riley went on for his PC on Monday.

So what, as fans, can we actually do to get the board and President to step up and stop this train wreck?

These comments are literally 'off the deep end' and way out there in the Twillight Zone people! Come on. We lose a few games by a couple dozen points total and now you want to burn the entire University to the ground? LOL You are totally NUTS! Bonkers!!! Insane!!! Crazy!!!! Looney Tunes!!!~! Wacko!!!

Say that like its a bad thing.There are a million fans just like me. This coaching hire is a disaster and some one needs to have the guts to step up and do something about it that has the influence to do so.

• Fire 1

Listening to the Husker Online podcast last night while working out, and they were not exactly thrilled with Harvey and Shawn. It's not like they're wanting Bo back either. These guys have made it known that they saw alot of shortcomings under Bo, and haven't shied away from blaming relevant issues on him either, all while doing alot of praising of Riley and Co during the offseason for how they handled things. They didn't even discuss the current product on the field in relation to the AD and Chancellor either, they were just appalled at the lack of professionalism and timing displayed by the two had guys. Sean Callahan said that Harvey doing a OWH interview where he was discussing recruiting and trashing the former coaches was bizarre and extremely ill-timed. His comment was something along the lines of Harvey knowing less about recruiting than any coach or assistant on the staff, ever. They also took Eichorst to task for his complete 180 on "commenting during the season" and the weirdness of releasing the statement of support right before Riley went on for his PC on Monday.

So what, as fans, can we actually do to get the board and President to step up and stop this train wreck?

These comments are literally 'off the deep end' and way out there in the Twillight Zone people! Come on. We lose a few games by a couple dozen points total and now you want to burn the entire University to the ground? LOL You are totally NUTS! Bonkers!!! Insane!!! Crazy!!!! Looney Tunes!!!~! Wacko!!!

Say that like its a bad thing.There are a million fans just like me. This coaching hire is a disaster and some one needs to have the guts to step up and do something about it that has the influence to do so.

You're off by several zeros.

Interesting. So you believe I am the minority in the fan base believing Riley was a mistake and wanting a new staff sooner as opposed to later?

Interesting. So you believe I am the minority in the fan base believing Riley was a mistake and wanting a new staff sooner as opposed to later?

Yes, the opinion you expressed a few minutes ago is not shared by millions of people.

There are a million fans just like me. This coaching hire is a disaster and some one needs to have the guts to step up and do something about it...

Yes, the opinion you expressed a few minutes ago is not shared by millions of people.

There are a million fans just like me. This coaching hire is a disaster and some one needs to have the guts to step up and do something about it...

Well, I said a million. If you look at fan pages it could be argued that number is higher as a proportion of the fan base that is millions. There does not seem to be a lot of the wait and see crowd left. Maybe if we get a couple wins that will change. We can see what tomorrow brings my Husker brother, I have to go to the game now. Go Big Red!

I'm not questioning Eichorst character, just wondering if there were no people connected to the program who would be interested in taking the job when the Chancellor hires someone we've never heard of out of nowhere. It's a real headscratcher. I remember when people used to talk about Rimington as the next AD like it was a done deal.

Go ahead now and discuss how goofball Pederson was connected to the program.

it's no secret Eichorst has limited support among the upper-level administration — in part because he's created a stifling Pederson-esque corporate management structure.

Where's the evidence of this? I thought Eichorst's big thing was "positivity." Maybe Sipple is referring to his pal Pelini- whose negativity was permanently stifled.

Eichorst would go forever without talking to Bo and if Bo wanted to talk to him he had to go through protocols to get an appointment. You are the AD of Nebraska and you are pretty-much avoiding the football coach? That is pathetic.

I can see not liking/wanting Bo but folks need to realize that he wasn't just talking out of his ass when it comes to Perlman's puppet Eichorst.

Terry Pettit.

Hahahahahaha

I am afraid Terry Pettit would not get an interview and would not even apply. He left with some untidy off the court issues that were kept very quiet. I imagine those long term volleyball fans can advise but I feel it best to not mention the details (just think Frank Solich if you would like a hint).

Well, I said a million. If you look at fan pages it could be argued that number is higher as a proportion of the fan base that is millions. There does not seem to be a lot of the wait and see crowd left. Maybe if we get a couple wins that will change. We can see what tomorrow brings my Husker brother, I have to go to the game now. Go Big Red!

No doubt lots of people are unhappy. But the number calling Riley a "disaster" is not large, and is propped up on forums like this by a small handful of posters in every single thread and post.

I need to get ready to leave for the game myself. Have a good time. Go Big Red!