"Jordan Stevenson is done"

But, this is why it was probably good for him to burn his redshirt. He got a chance to try. If you fail (and sometimes that's just about fit! Not an indictment on the player, necessarily), better to fail early. When he transfers, he'll still have the shirt.

Are you suggesting that Riley puts players on the field just because they demand it? I mean, it does look that way. The kid certainly didn't look our best option on kick returns.

He gave him a shot. It didn't work out so he put him back on the bench. No big deal.

No big deal? We are only last in the country in KR. I don't think you put someone out there just because he demands it, especially when he is taking it out of our endzone and failing to even get to the 20.

I just meant that he didn't hurt nor help our KR situation. He was irrelevant.

This kid was a pure talent. NU needs more like his talent. I think he will be a very good RB and return guy, once he realizes to follow blockers and not do everything on his own.

I feel for him because he probably just didn't find a good fit with the rest of the freshman class at NU. These recruiting classes come in early summer and do a lot of work together in off-season conditioning and drills. He came in late, to a school he originally didn't want to attend, and he couldn't make it work. Good luck to the kid.

Maybe, but I never saw it. He got to return kicks because he threw a fit over redshirting, but he looked very poor in that role. Any Husker fan should know that recruiting rankings have been a very poor predictor for success in the Nebraska backfield.

Imagine the college and NFL career Jordan would have if he had the work ethic and attitude of Ameer. Instead he'll end up at some crappy also-ran college team that promises him the world. Someplace like Kentucky. And he'll never play a down in the NFL. What a waste of raw talent.

Offensive linemen and running backs are dropping out like rats off a sinking ship. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the inexplicably bad rotations at both positions.

One lineman and One RB. Let's not get carried away here.

So far.

And when was the last time two players voluntarily quit mid-season, on the same day, for reasons other than injury?

• Fire 2

Offensive linemen and running backs are dropping out like rats off a sinking ship. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the inexplicably bad rotations at both positions.

One lineman and One RB. Let's not get carried away here.

So far.

And when was the last time two players voluntarily quit mid-season, on the same day, for reasons other than injury?

When was the last time two players voluntarily quit mid-season BECAUSE of injury?