Finnin Done

Same as in the other thread... Do complaining fans actually want a guy willing to quit on his team in week 9 to remain on the team? He is a senior who has never "contributed" and has about 3 games left.

Totally a selfish move by Finnin. FINISH THE SEASON, then go rant and rave about how nothing was fair. Or just have some class and swallow the pill. You just maybe weren't good enough to play.

We have no idea whatthe circumstances surrounding his departure are. His tweet to the fanbase today was very respectful and thankful.

Same as in the other thread... Do complaining fans actually want a guy willing to quit on his team in week 9 to remain on the team? He is a senior who has never "contributed" and has about 3 games left.

Totally a selfish move by Finnin. FINISH THE SEASON, then go rant and rave about how nothing was fair. Or just have some class and swallow the pill. You just maybe weren't good enough to play.

Growing up in IL, I never knew an entire state could live and die football. You all are a testament to what Fan support should look like

Excited for my next chapter, didn't end how I envisioned it but at least I can say I went out on my own terms. Thanks again #gbr

Not exactly seeing a rant from Finnin here. Also seems pretty classy. You should probably get some evidence better you accuse kids of being selfish.

• Fire 5

Brandon Cavanaugh is awful.

Did you scroll down enough to see the play to which he was referring, the infamous "Purdue moves the pile"? Look at Gerry and Maurice on that play. I would like to hear your opinion on whether you see "quit" out there or not.

I say this because Brandon Cavanaugh could be awful and could be bringing up a valid point at the same time.

Brandon Cavanaugh is awful.

Did you scroll down enough to see the play to which he was referring, the infamous "Purdue moves the pile"? Look at Gerry and Maurice on that play. I would like to hear your opinion on whether you see "quit" out there or not.

I say this because Brandon Cavanaugh could be awful and could be bringing up a valid point at the same time.

It's not a valid point and he is 100% awful. Was quite the Cally pumper, too... under a screen name of "Blankman" if I recall.

• Fire 2
doesn't know you aren't supposed to just fly in and stick a helmet in a pile from a backside angle

Both Huskers mentioned had enough time to smoke a cigarette, stomp out the butt and then run around to the front of the pile...if they wanted to do so.

It's not a valid point and he is 100% awful

So you look at two Husker defenders taking the play off and you want to make it all about some guy named Brandon Cavanaugh...okay...

...and my guess is that this will end up in the tangent / derailment thread. :P

To be fair Cavanugh himself said it was a sh#t article and apologized for it. It was a hit piece on a 20 year old kid

20 year olds aren't kids and I would like to hear what you think of the effort shown on the "Move the pile" play...because it is fair to judge a player's effort based on the effort he showed.

• Fire 2

To be fair Cavanugh himself said it was a sh#t article and apologized for it. It was a hit piece on a 20 year old kid

20 year olds aren't kids and I would like to hear what you think of the effort shown on the "Move the pile" play...because it is fair to judge a player's effort based on the effort he showed.

To be fair to Gerry and Maurice here:

The rules of the game have wussified this sport so much. If those two guys go firing in there and try to make a play, there's probably a flag thrown for unnecessary roughness.

The guys thought their teammates were making the play. As they should've.

Now, I'm not dismissing the whole effort argument at all. I think there's some issues. Hopefully what will all work itself out. On that play though, I can totally see where the possible penalty flag puts doubt in players minds.

As far as the other two plays in there, I think it is obvious that Gerry is truly still adjusting to playing in this scheme. I don't think he's the only one. That's where we got to find the balance. It doesn't mean it's a bad scheme. It doesn't mean it's a bad player. Sometimes in this game of football, not every football players fits every scheme.

• Fire 2

Growing up in IL, I never knew an entire state could live and die football. You all are a testament to what Fan support should look like

Excited for my next chapter, didn't end how I envisioned it but at least I can say I went out on my own terms. Thanks again #gbr

Not exactly seeing a rant from Finnin here. Also seems pretty classy. You should probably get some evidence better you accuse kids of being selfish.

Yeah just didn't work out for him

me as in the other thread... Do complaining fans actually want a guy willing to quit on his team in week 9 to remain on the team

Not to constantly hammer the same point again, but it bears repeating:

Finnin actually came out and said he quit and seemed to do so with class. Why he quit, I don't know. Maybe to get a jump on graduating on time, maybe so he could get a job, spend more time doing whatever. But he's getting dumped on here and the guys who quit before or during the Northwestern game and are still suiting up seem to be getting a pass from the same posters trashing Finnin.

Go figure.

• Fire 1