Finnin Done

This isn't good...

Yes it is, it is the begining of the rebuild. We don't need any Bolievers left on this team. He can go to YSU if that is what he wants to do, but he and the like need to stop poisoning the locker room. We have about 11 or 12 more that need to follow him before any true rebuild can start.

This isn't good...

Yes it is, it is the begining of the rebuild. We don't need any Bolievers left on this team. He can go to YSU if that is what he wants to do, but he and the like need to stop poisoning the locker room. We have about 11 or 12 more that need to follow him before any true rebuild can start.

Honestly, I get it, I do...

But, sometimes it might not be about being a "boliever" but more that he(them, some) don't believe in Riley...

If you had a new boss that came in with a weak rep (recored) and then started off by making mistake after mistake...would you buy in?

• Fire 1

This isn't good...

But, sometimes it might not be about being a "boliever" but more that he(them, some) don't believe in Riley...

If you had a new boss that came in with a weak rep (recored) and then started off by making mistake after mistake...would you buy in?

I would buy that as a possibility if he wasn't so vocal when Bo was fired. He made up his mind before we hired an new coach.

This isn't good...

I would buy that as a possibility if he wasn't so vocal when Bo was fired. He made up his mind before we hired an new coach.
Well, I am not a mind reader nor am I judge Judy. But I wish I could read minds and I wish I could be with Judge Judy...I would love for her to order me around!

But...it kind of sounds like you made up your mind early too.

This isn't good...

Agree not quite sure why more didnt leave in the offseason

This is good. Need to get guys that don't buy in out of the program.

So which one of us is going to confront Nate Gerry and Kevin Maurice and tell them that?

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/nebraska-safety-nate-gerrys-play-purdue-leads-major-questions

This article is embarrassing. It looks like a message board post with Athlon Sports on it.

Gerry has had a pretty up and down year, but for a grown man, so called professional, to call him out based on those videos is a new low.

To be fair Cavanugh himself said it was a sh#t article and apologized for it. It was a hit piece on a 20 year old kid

20 year olds aren't kids and I would like to hear what you think of the effort shown on the "Move the pile" play...because it is fair to judge a player's effort based on the effort he showed.

To be fair to Gerry and Maurice here:

The rules of the game have wussified this sport so much. If those two guys go firing in there and try to make a play, there's probably a flag thrown for unnecessary roughness.

The guys thought their teammates were making the play. As they should've.

Now, I'm not dismissing the whole effort argument at all. I think there's some issues. Hopefully what will all work itself out. On that play though, I can totally see where the possible penalty flag puts doubt in players minds.

As far as the other two plays in there, I think it is obvious that Gerry is truly still adjusting to playing in this scheme. I don't think he's the only one. That's where we got to find the balance. It doesn't mean it's a bad scheme. It doesn't mean it's a bad player. Sometimes in this game of football, not every football players fits every scheme.

Whoa whoa whoa, you were all over the kid in the gameday thread last week against Purdue. I mentioned that you don't have a player just drop off like this and blame it on the kid, it's mostly the scheme and coaching IMO. You didn't directly respond to me, but you did say that to think it's scheme is idiotic. So can I assume you're changing your stance on this? I did mention that part of it was obviously on Gerry, but it appeared most of it would be coaching and scheme at this point. If he's not doing his job, sit him down, I agree some of the stuff he did in the Purdue game confused me, but who knows what the coaches are telling him.

To be fair Cavanugh himself said it was a sh#t article and apologized for it. It was a hit piece on a 20 year old kid

20 year olds aren't kids and I would like to hear what you think of the effort shown on the "Move the pile" play...because it is fair to judge a player's effort based on the effort he showed.

To be fair to Gerry and Maurice here:

The rules of the game have wussified this sport so much. If those two guys go firing in there and try to make a play, there's probably a flag thrown for unnecessary roughness.

The guys thought their teammates were making the play. As they should've.

Now, I'm not dismissing the whole effort argument at all. I think there's some issues. Hopefully what will all work itself out. On that play though, I can totally see where the possible penalty flag puts doubt in players minds.

As far as the other two plays in there, I think it is obvious that Gerry is truly still adjusting to playing in this scheme. I don't think he's the only one. That's where we got to find the balance. It doesn't mean it's a bad scheme. It doesn't mean it's a bad player. Sometimes in this game of football, not every football players fits every scheme.

Whoa whoa whoa, you were all over the kid in the gameday thread last week against Purdue. I mentioned that you don't have a player just drop off like this and blame it on the kid, it's mostly the scheme and coaching IMO. You didn't directly respond to me, but you did say that to think it's scheme is idiotic. So can I assume you're changing your stance on this? I did mention that part of it was probably on Gerry, but it appeared most of it would be coaching and scheme at this point.

Wow.....I was "all over the kid" in the gameday thread?

Man if I said something out of line in the emotions of the game, then I apologize. What did I say? I really don't remember.

I do remember posting a status update questioning if he was injured or not. I really think he might be. Not sure though.

As the season has gone on, I've found myself in a position where I come to this board and see nothing but blame for the coaches. In an effort to "level the field" a bit, I've demonstrated multiple times that in reality, there's plenty of blame to go around. Fact is, there should be struggles. I've been trying to tell people that. There is nothing similar about Banker and Pelini's defenses.

When I say, Gerry or anybody for that matter, isn't performing, really I'm just saying that they aren't executing well and they may not be a fit for this type of defense. It's not a knock on them as a player, it's just the truth. There will be guys that just do not fit what we are trying to do on either side of the ball.

The execution side of things is simple really. There's still some confusion out there. I do think some guys are frustrated with the way the season has gone. Some guys do look to have let off a bit at times.

Again, just being honest in my opinion. Not hateful.

If I gave that impression, that's my fault. I think Nate Gerry is a f#*k of a football player and a high character dude that may either be injured or just really struggling in this system at this point. I really hope he sticks it out and learns this system as the coaches learn how to utlize him.

Bo was right about one thing. It's a process. No doubt about it. I never expected it to go smoothly, but I never expected the win/loss record to be this bad. Overall when I've evaluated it though, it's mostly just been about unfamiliarity and some bad breaks. It's football. That's just how it is.

It's unfortunate that my attempt to disrupt a bit of the "Fire Riley" commotion with some illustrations of the all around struggles as a program, has come off as a complete defense of this staff, or an attack on any particular player. That's never the intent, but I am surely not the guy who is always free of emotion and passion when stating my opinions. I'll try to do better.

I understand if you dont like your new coach, and i understand if you want to transfer or quit due to the reasons. But being a Senior, you have 3 games left, you seriously are just going to up and quit on your teammates, some of which you have played with for 4 years....? I don't get that logic at all.

• Fire 1

Same as in the other thread... Do complaining fans actually want a guy willing to quit on his team in week 9 to remain on the team? He is a senior who has never "contributed" and has about 3 games left.

Totally a selfish move by Finnin. FINISH THE SEASON, then go rant and rave about how nothing was fair. Or just have some class and swallow the pill. You just maybe weren't good enough to play.

You wouldn't know class if it punched you in the face.

I understand if you dont like your new coach, and i understand if you want to transfer or quit due to the reasons. But being a Senior, you have 3 games left, you seriously are just going to up and quit on your teammates, some of which you have played with for 4 years....? I don't get that logic at all.

I think it is odd too but maybe he just knows that he will never play...I mean Cav has said, over and over, that he will not rotate guys, which i agree with...best guys play

• Fire 1

Same as in the other thread... Do complaining fans actually want a guy willing to quit on his team in week 9 to remain on the team? He is a senior who has never "contributed" and has about 3 games left.

Totally a selfish move by Finnin. FINISH THE SEASON, then go rant and rave about how nothing was fair. Or just have some class and swallow the pill. You just maybe weren't good enough to play.

Bob Loblaw@StepDaddyFinnin 55m55 minutes ago

Growing up in IL, I never knew an entire state could live and die football. You all are a testament to what Fan support should look like

Bob Loblaw@StepDaddyFinnin 53m53 minutes ago

Excited for my next chapter, didn't end how I envisioned it but at least I can say I went out on my own terms. Thanks again #gbr

Not exactly seeing a rant from Finnin here. Also seems pretty classy. You should probably get some evidence better you accuse kids of being selfish.

How about his tweet to radio persona last week? Or the FACT HE IS QUITTING ON HIS TEAMMATES! Wake the f#*k up.

This isn't good...

LOL... MR doesn't have a weak reputation. How many coaches can you say have been offered the Head job at USC and Alabama only to turn down both? Damn you're clueless.

You wouldn't know class if it punched you in the face.

Says you? Who's head do you want chopped off today?