***Official Michigan State Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

Regardless of the outcome, I think the most important thing tonight is giving all the recruits coming to Lincoln a good show. I really hope the crowd is intense, because these guys need to see Memorial Stadium at its very best.

I agree. I think it makes a statement to have a sold out stadium and a rambunctious crowd for a 3-6 team.

We got this

Huskers 33

Spartans 30

Go Big effin Red!

We could upset Sparty. The Huskers are very sloppy. We have way to many turnovers, penalties, dropped balls, bad snaps, etc. If we get a little luck and have no turnovers, and no drive stopping (or extending for sparty) penalties, we can win this game. I want some couches to burn in East Lansing!

• Fire 1

We got this

Huskers 33

Spartans 30

Go Big effin Red!

We could upset Sparty. The Huskers are very sloppy. We have way to many turnovers, penalties, dropped balls, bad snaps, etc. If we get a little luck and have no turnovers, and no drive stopping (or extending for sparty) penalties, we can win this game. I want some couches to burn in East Lansing!

I think maybe what you define as a little luck I define as snowball's chance in he**. But anyway yeah if all those ifs you said, then yes we could win. I'll go more radical on the ifs. If we get a punt return TD we'll be close. If we give up a pick 6 we'll get smashed.

We got this

Huskers 33

Spartans 30

Go Big effin Red!

I think maybe what you define as a little luck I define as snowball's chance in he**. But anyway yeah if all those ifs you said, then yes we could win. I'll go more radical on the ifs. If we get a punt return TD we'll be close. If we give up a pick 6 we'll get smashed.

I agree with you, but I have to have some hope :)

Ran into a couple of Spartan fans in a gas station this morning in Omaha. Started chatting with them a bit. They said they were really kind of disappointed that Nebraska wasn't doing better. They said this game lacks the feeling of challenge they relish in conference games, then said they hope we get things turned around soon. Good people. Kind of an interesting insight into an out of state view of things...

It's a stark comparison in record in night games when at home as opposed to on the road. I think Nebraska is 8-0 at home in night games since 2010 (South Dakota State, Kansas, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Wyoming, Miami, Illinois) but just 3-6 (W: Penn State, Fresno State, Northwestern, L: Texas A&M, Wisconsin, UCLA, Ohio State, Michigan State, Wisconsin) in night games since 2010.

Michigan State got their first win in program history against Nebraska in Lincoln two years ago, and added another to that win total last year, staving off a fierce 22-point, 4th quarter rally by Nebraska in last year's 27-22 contest in East Lansing. These games, aside from the 24-3 thumping the Spartans received in Lincoln in 2011, have always been close. Despite the apparent difference between the two teams this year, I'm expecting another close contest tonight.

Of course, us losing by 40 isn't out of the question either.