Should Mike Riley be fired on the 1st and goal play call in the 3rd quarter alone?

The call in question is the screen to Westy that got blown up.

I do not have much issue with this one. It's not the only thing you can do: you *can* run. The Huskers did on at least one later goalline drive, twice, and got stuffed.

If this screen is set up right, it's a walk-in TD. If it fails, the result is the same as a stuff.

And that result is 2nd & intermediate near the goalline. At this point, passing becomes a 50-50 proposition if you're trying to score in three downs.

Plus, think of the setup. Running & passing are both on the table on every play in that series of downs. Nebraska has been a team that gets most of its success running when the defense can't commit to it. So, you throw twice and if it doesn't work, you set up a nice 3rd down run play. Of course, you can also run twice and still try that. There are a million possibilities here.

I'll say though, this is the conundrum that faces Nebraska decision making. Tommy is a weapon and this offense rides on his arm. He also has some poor footwork and is turnover prone. I'm all for picking the conservative route to start, more often than not, when it's 1st & goal inside the 5.

Honestky. That playcall wasnt nearly as bad as thexsequence late in the game. 1st and goal. Taking cross out who was awesome tonight by the way. And putting in a hurt newby to thump it on the goal line. Tried it twice. Wasted a timeout and 40 seconds. That timeout may have come in handy there. That was the sequence that got me

I love football. I know football. I coach football. And its basic game management incompetencies that just get me. Weve seen it a lot this year.

Now. I always preach on here about overeacting. My line is "this game will make you look stupid". Well it happened to me tonight. I checked out. I was dun. I was jumpin on the fire Riley train. From chasin points with 11 minutes left. The pick inside the ten. That late sequence. And i hold out till the end. And it made me look stupid.

This win shouldnt cover up the massive holes we have. But im not going there tonight. Im just enjoying this one. I suggest everyone else do the same. We needed this.

• Fire 3

Honestky. That playcall wasnt nearly as bad as thexsequence late in the game. 1st and goal. Taking cross out who was awesome tonight by the way. And putting in a hurt newby to thump it on the goal line. Tried it twice. Wasted a timeout and 40 seconds. That timeout may have come in handy there. That was the sequence that got me

I love football. I know football. I coach football. And its basic game management incompetencies that just get me. Weve seen it a lot this year.

Now. I always preach on here about overeacting. My line is "this game will make you look stupid". Well it happened to me tonight. I checked out. I was dun. I was jumpin on the fire Riley train. From chasin points with 11 minutes left. The pick inside the ten. That late sequence. And i hold out till the end. And it made me look stupid.

This win shouldnt cover up the massive holes we have. But im not going there tonight. Im just enjoying this one. I suggest everyone else do the same. We needed this.

to give the coaches a break on that one. they were in hurry up, and didnt want to substitute. because the clock was ticking away