Was this the CLICK?

hoping this is the turning point. Look, I don't like this staff, but i love Nebraska football. I have given Riley so much crap over the year. But, dang it you want to root for the guy. Yes it might be the nice guy persona we all grow tired of, but that post game interview I had a gut punch feeling for not buying in.

LOTS to work on, but you win vs Rutgers, then a chacne to beat a top 10 Iowa team on Thanksgiving weekend and knock off two top 10 teams in a month. That is unheard of in recent years for Nebraska, and oh yea, that means a bowl game.

My thought was worst case scenario for Riley in his first year was 7 wins....He can somehow achieve that if they win out and win the bowl. At that point, my opinion may change of him as that would be one incredible momentum of a run to finsih the year, and suddenly next year looks fun.

Lots to go, lots to work on, but HUGE WIN!

• Fire 1

This can be a turnaround moment in the big scheme of things but the only way we can actually see that be the case is if this team rallys and starts playing like a Husker team. The Blackshirts have to dig deeper and find more effort and energy in the second half.

Rutgers should be prepared. I think this team will go traveling with the idea of kicking some butt. Then Iowa will have to be ready because this will be for a bowl game and redemption of sorts. Finish with three wins over top 20 teams in 4 weeks. No, we won't be anywhere near rated but this could end up being a season with three wins over top 20 teams. Been a while since that happened and that would be a tremendous boost going into the final push in recruiting and to give us more practice time, a trip to play one more game and get better. Next fall, we can start out with a 4 game winning streak. We could ride an 8 game win streak into next season's conference schedule. With a good recruiting class then coming in, we can actually see this all work out. There is at least a small amount of hope!

But Riley and coming must be a hell of lot smarter in these clutch moments.

I do want to like Riley. I really do. every press conference or interview I hear about it, I want to like him and have him do well. My gripe is he is old. I think he has potential to be a good CEO type coach, just needs good assistants, and by good assistants i mean a good defensive coordinator.

I have faith in Langsdorff, dont know why, but i do. No faith in Banker, lets move on from him.

I don't know. I just feel like the players put the game on their shoulders and bailed out the coaches on this one. I credit the players more than anything.

Just curious what makes you think that? And I mean that in the least threatening way possible because once I again there were countless occasions of Sparty converting 3rd and long through the air with 3 to 4 sometimes 5 huskers around but none close enough to make a play on the ball or receiver to disrupt. And I can't say for sure whether that's a criticism on coaching/scheme or just players not having the right instincts. Maybe it's a little bit of both and just growing pains with a new system?

I don't know. I just feel like the players put the game on their shoulders and bailed out the coaches on this one. I credit the players more than anything.

Just curious what makes you think that? And I mean that in the least threatening way possible because once I again there were countless occasions of Sparty converting 3rd and long through the air with 3 to 4 sometimes 5 huskers around but none close enough to make a play on the ball or receiver to disrupt. And I can't say for sure whether that's a criticism on coaching/scheme or just players not having the right instincts. Maybe it's a little bit of both and just growing pains with a new system?

Coaches coach and players play. It took a team effort to win the game but at the end of the day, I tip my hat to the players. They were in this game from the coin toss!

That they were man. This was a great win across the board, the players fought but let's give credit to this staff as well. Many on these boards were prophesizing this to be a blow out due to players quitting on the staff and they pulled it together... Let's celebrate this for 36 hours and get back to work on Monday. This win means a lot less if we come out flat and no show against Rutgers

• Fire 1

I admit, I am morbidly curious to see how Nebraska would play with his guys on the field ... his ideal QB, etc.

Well that's the thing. Seeing Riley's teams over the years at Oregon State, he can get some high caliber QBs and WRs into his system and his teams can be pretty darn decent while at Oregon State. So my hope all along has been he gets even better talent at Nebraska due to resources and tradition, etc.

Pat O'Brien has A LOT riding on his shoulders. You have a good year with him, gain some top end WRs and O-Lineman, this offense can be extremely potent. Of course we already have a stable of RBs, we just have to realize it.

I yelled some nasty things from my seat and booed when Langsdorf called those two pass plays which lead to an interception from the 5 yard line.

• Fire 1