Was this the CLICK?

Odds are we still don't make a bowl.

You're just bitter you sold off your tickets ;)
Nope. I'm realistic

Then be realistic and celebrate a great win

I celebrated my ass off, but we need to stop this craziness with "the team is gonna click and win out." It didn't make sense in week 5, week 6, week 7, week 8, or week 9. You are just setting yourself up for disappointment.

We shouldn't be celebrating this win like it's a bowl game. We're 4 and 6 and need to win out to make a bowl. So hooray, we beat Sparty. It's the caramel topping on the giant heaping sh#t that is the entire season. But hey, we won. I'm happy we won. I stayed out way too late drinking and celebrating.

• Fire 1

Nope. I'm realistic

I celebrated my ass off, but we need to stop this craziness with "the team is gonna click and win out." It didn't make sense in week 5, week 6, week 7, week 8, or week 9. You are just setting yourself up for disappointment.

We shouldn't be celebrating this win like it's a bowl game. We're 4 and 6 and need to win out to make a bowl. So hooray, we beat Sparty. It's the caramel topping on the giant heaping sh#t that is the entire season. But hey, we won. I'm happy we won. I stayed out way too late drinking and celebrating.

Don't celebrate like its a bowl win. Celebrate like its a monkey-off-the-back, just beat a top ten team, these boys haven't thrown in the towel, great recruiting opportunity, we haven't had much to celebrate but now we hope the future can be bright type of win.

I don't know. I just feel like the players put the game on their shoulders and bailed out the coaches on this one. I credit the players more than anything.

Still not a fan of the staff. If 9 games here and 13 at OSU don't tell the tale of the tape so to speak, one game shouldn't either.

I saw a team that wouldn't quit and didn't. I saw guys man up and play possessed (Cross comes to mind). I also saw poor play calling, clock management and ST errors.

Riley might be the guy. Maybe he is. I just don't think this staff is going to get it done. Just my .02. Maybe the Solich option. Make some changes to the staff.

I don't know. I just feel like the players put the game on their shoulders and bailed out the coaches on this one. I credit the players more than anything.

Still not a fan of the staff. If 9 games here and 13 at OSU don't tell the tale of the tape so to speak, one game shouldn't either.

I saw a team that wouldn't quit and didn't. I saw guys man up and play possessed (Cross comes to mind). I also saw poor play calling, clock management and ST errors.

Riley might be the guy. Maybe he is. I just don't think this staff is going to get it done. Just my .02. Maybe the Solich option. Make some changes to the staff.

Gotta agree here. Imo, this team OVERCAME the coaching. (Immani not getting 2 calls from the 5 yd line......instead pass happy Langsdorf goes to the air; and Banker refusing to bring much pressure);

Good for the players, but next week they will have to do it again.

And, like so many have stated, I'd love for Riley (the man, not the coach) to be successful. I just don't have much confidence in them yet.

• Fire 1

Nope. I'm realistic

I understand the perspective, but honestly where is the fun in that? Being a fan of a team is supposed to be fun!!!! Next year you will say, be realistic, they won't have a magical season...win the west undefeated Iowa style...pull an upset in the B1G championship and play for a natty title. You will probably be correct in that they will go 8-5 or 9-4. But where's the fun in that prediction? Being right and holding it over other people's heads? STOP!!! Be a fan. Dream big. Get your heart broken. Enjoy big wins. Dream big again. Do it because you love it. Not so that you can prove that your high school football experience and the sideline you stood on at an NAIA program makes you a better fan.

• Fire 3

Sorry but I still don't have much faith in this staff. They did everything they could to throw the game away at the end: running Newby twice and then having to burn a timeout, and then after the ref threw a flag and saved us, we kick a damn squib kick with 17 seconds left and give the ball to MSU on their own 41 needing only a FG to win. Great heart and determination by the players, but still too many poor decisions by the coaches to win consistently. Just makes you wonder how many more games we would've won this year if we had a legit DC.

AMAZING!! I am talking about the game and some of you. You just can't see past your own nose, even with this HUGE win. Yeah, did we get a bad call to go our way, yes. Did we have one coming, you darn bet we did. NOBODY was picking us to win this game. A lot of you were thinking it could be a blow out. Yet, the boys find a way, and you still bang on the staff.

I hate how this season has gone so far, however, I would take a 5-7 season with the guys playing like they did yesterday, then being 8-0 and getting run out of the stadium the next 4 games, like the last 7 years. Get over your hatred for the staff, because you weren't consulted before MR was hired, and be a fan of the team for at least one day.

• Fire 4

Sorry but I still don't have much faith in this staff. They did everything they could to throw the game away at the end: running Newby twice and then having to burn a timeout, and then after the ref threw a flag and saved us, we kick a damn squib kick with 17 seconds left and give the ball to MSU on their own 41 needing only a FG to win. Great heart and determination by the players, but still too many poor decisions by the coaches to win consistently. Just makes you wonder how many more games we would've won this year if we had a legit DC.

This. I am just as happy and excited for the win last night and extremely proud of the players and glad they got this win, on national TV much less and knocked off MSU as well. Amazing. But if you were a poster who for the last 8 weeks didn't like Riley and his staff and were calling for them to be fired, this changes very little. To see some posters acting like this is a new beginning and everything is fine now, makes no sense. As GOAT says above, mental errors by our staff almost cost us another game. I am truly hoping this win does turn things around but unless they win out and make a bowl game, then I won't be changing my attitude towards Riley and his staff. He did this every year at OSU and I am not sure trading a coach who got 9 wins every year with a couple of blow-outs for a coach who loses 5 games or more with a signature win is much of an improvement. I think we all need to take a deep breath, dance a little joy over last night's game, and then see how the last two turn out.

Nope. I'm realistic

Yep. It was a great win!

But after the euphoria wears off, it shouldn't be a surprise. The team has been undercoached all season, and there are inexplicable losses to inferior opponents; a better opponent gets a false sense of security and takes them for granted, and occasionally a good game plan is called to best utilize the players talents, and an upset happens. Yet we will likely not even make a bowl game. This is as good as it gets. This has been MR's history. Expect the same next year. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Be critical that's fine. You can be skeptical. But why, why is that the only message 12 hours after a huge win.

There is hope now. Hope of selling a better message to recruits. Until that's taken away. We ought to believe in these boys.

Before that game there was no real reason of hope, but damn, they gave one last night.

• Fire 1

Be critical that's fine. You can be skeptical. But why, why is that the only message 12 hours after a huge win.

There is hope now. Hope of selling a better message to recruits. Until that's taken away. We ought to believe in these boys.

Before that game there was no real reason of hope, but damn, they gave one last night.

I've always believed in the boys -- I'm just skeptical of the ability of the coaches.