Was this the CLICK?

It depends on whether it clicked in the brain of Langsdorf and Banker. The players have been giving great effort all year despite the obvious problems.

It was a good day for Langsdorf. We spread the ball around well and used our offensive talent. As with the Minn game we really showed what we can do, especially when it really counted.

Banker? If Cook doesn't play horribly for a fair chunk of the first half MSU scores more like 50. We never really stopped their passing game, they just stopped themselves. We did get a good stop at the start of the game and in the drive after the on-side kick but if MSU had nutted-up and passed rather than just burning clock that drive we'd have probably been in trouble.

As far as the team clicking overall? We should beat Rutgers, we have hands-down more weapons than them, especially with their one good wr Carou injured. We have the firepower to beat Iowa, we beat them last year in their crib. But they are playing good ball and tend to step it up against us. If they get Canzeri healthy we'll be playing against a ground attack that is hands-down better than anything we've seen this year. It will be interesting, probably another tight game.

Be critical that's fine. You can be skeptical. But why, why is that the only message 12 hours after a huge win.

There is hope now. Hope of selling a better message to recruits. Until that's taken away. We ought to believe in these boys.

Before that game there was no real reason of hope, but damn, they gave one last night.

Believing in the boys has never been the issue. I was thrilled about the outcome and glad that these players finally had one go their way. That being said, I'm just not going to heap praise upon the coaches for last night's performance, because there were still way too many mistakes and questionable calls made which shouldn't have been made. The question asked was if this was the click. Id have to say no. Yes things went our way last night, but with those same types of errors we'll still lose just as many as we win.

Odds are we still don't make a bowl.

You're just bitter you sold off your tickets ;)
Nope. I'm realistic
Then be realistic and celebrate a great win

I celebrated my ass off, but we need to stop this craziness with "the team is gonna click and win out." It didn't make sense in week 5, week 6, week 7, week 8, or week 9. You are just setting yourself up for disappointment.

We shouldn't be celebrating this win like it's a bowl game. We're 4 and 6 and need to win out to make a bowl. So hooray, we beat Sparty. It's the caramel topping on the giant heaping sh#t that is the entire season. But hey, we won. I'm happy we won. I stayed out way too late drinking and celebrating.

I understand the perspective, but honestly where is the fun in that? Being a fan of a team is supposed to be fun!!!! Next year you will say, be realistic, they won't have a magical season...win the west undefeated Iowa style...pull an upset in the B1G championship and play for a natty title. You will probably be correct in that they will go 8-5 or 9-4. But where's the fun in that prediction? Being right and holding it over other people's heads? STOP!!! Be a fan. Dream big. Get your heart broken. Enjoy big wins. Dream big again. Do it because you love it. Not so that you can prove that your high school football experience and the sideline you stood on at an NAIA program makes you a better fan.

Sorry, but I disagree with that perspective. If that's the way you want to approach things, great. I, however, prefer to keep a more realistic perspective. That way the margin for disappointment and letdown is much smaller, and big wins feel even bigger.

I enjoyed the win and even told the wife on the last TD, it might not be a good call but i'll f'n take it. I will also say that over the years we have been led down this same path, is this the time, did we finally click? Only to come out the next week and piss down our legs. I can't get my hopes up as too many times it has been trashed the very next game. Good game Huskers, lets see if we can keep it up. As of this point and time, i'm far too leery of being let down for the umpteeth time every year, consider it snake bitten.

I don't know. I just feel like the players put the game on their shoulders and bailed out the coaches on this one. I credit the players more than anything.

thats how its supposed to work. In all sports. At all levels.

Coaches coach. Players play.

Gawd.

Players should never have to "bail" out their coaches for their poor decisions. It should be the other way around.

I don't know. I just feel like the players put the game on their shoulders and bailed out the coaches on this one. I credit the players more than anything.

thats how its supposed to work. In all sports. At all levels.

Coaches coach. Players play.

Gawd.

Players should never have to "bail" out their coaches for their poor decisions. It should be the other way around.

bad decisions happen. All levels. All sports. Sometimes the players execute regardless and its not a bad decision. For every "bad" decision, theres 10 good ones no one wants to bring up. Im just as guilty of this fickle behavior as anyone. Im just pointing out regardless of what a coach teaches and calls, coaches coach, players play

People used this argument against bo as well. Winning in spite of the coaches. And its such bullsh#t. Its a team win. Players. Coaches. Trainers. Fans. Everyone alike. A concerted effort. Abd theres so many little things the coaches are doing correctly just to put players in such a good position that would rather be ignored.

I enjoyed the win and even told the wife on the last TD, it might not be a good call but i'll f'n take it. I will also say that over the years we have been led down this same path, is this the time, did we finally click? Only to come out the next week and piss down our legs. I can't get my hopes up as too many times it has been trashed the very next game. Good game Huskers, lets see if we can keep it up. As of this point and time, i'm far too leery of being let down for the umpteeth time every year, consider it snake bitten.

I hear ya. Feel the same way. Really enjoyed yesterday.

Then I start thinking about Iowa. How good would it be to knock off two top ten teams. I think we also beat them, but than I am worried that a Rutgers team, who is not supposed to be good at all, spoils it all. Purdue wasn't any good until they played us.

So just going to sit back and enjoy today, and worry about them when its; game day.

Man the win feels good.

GBR!!!

Sorry but I still don't have much faith in this staff. They did everything they could to throw the game away at the end: running Newby twice and then having to burn a timeout, and then after the ref threw a flag and saved us, we kick a damn squib kick with 17 seconds left and give the ball to MSU on their own 41 needing only a FG to win. Great heart and determination by the players, but still too many poor decisions by the coaches to win consistently. Just makes you wonder how many more games we would've won this year if we had a legit DC.

This. I am just as happy and excited for the win last night and extremely proud of the players and glad they got this win, on national TV much less and knocked off MSU as well. Amazing. But if you were a poster who for the last 8 weeks didn't like Riley and his staff and were calling for them to be fired, this changes very little. To see some posters acting like this is a new beginning and everything is fine now, makes no sense. As GOAT says above, mental errors by our staff almost cost us another game. I am truly hoping this win does turn things around but unless they win out and make a bowl game, then I won't be changing my attitude towards Riley and his staff. He did this every year at OSU and I am not sure trading a coach who got 9 wins every year with a couple of blow-outs for a coach who loses 5 games or more with a signature win is much of an improvement. I think we all need to take a deep breath, dance a little joy over last night's game, and then see how the last two turn out.

You do remember that it took a couple of amazing plays by AA last year to seal the "9 Wins" for BO.... We were lucky to win 9 the last couple of years. You haters are incredible.

Sorry but I still don't have much faith in this staff. They did everything they could to throw the game away at the end: running Newby twice and then having to burn a timeout, and then after the ref threw a flag and saved us, we kick a damn squib kick with 17 seconds left and give the ball to MSU on their own 41 needing only a FG to win. Great heart and determination by the players, but still too many poor decisions by the coaches to win consistently. Just makes you wonder how many more games we would've won this year if we had a legit DC.

This. I am just as happy and excited for the win last night and extremely proud of the players and glad they got this win, on national TV much less and knocked off MSU as well. Amazing. But if you were a poster who for the last 8 weeks didn't like Riley and his staff and were calling for them to be fired, this changes very little. To see some posters acting like this is a new beginning and everything is fine now, makes no sense. As GOAT says above, mental errors by our staff almost cost us another game. I am truly hoping this win does turn things around but unless they win out and make a bowl game, then I won't be changing my attitude towards Riley and his staff. He did this every year at OSU and I am not sure trading a coach who got 9 wins every year with a couple of blow-outs for a coach who loses 5 games or more with a signature win is much of an improvement. I think we all need to take a deep breath, dance a little joy over last night's game, and then see how the last two turn out.

You do remember that it took a couple of amazing plays by AA last year to seal the "9 Wins" for BO.... We were lucky to win 9 the last couple of years. You haters are incredible.

Thank you for agreeing that Mike is delivering at best the same mediocre overall results as Bo and is not a step up. The only difference is less spittle.

Thank you for agreeing that Mike is delivering at best the same mediocre overall results as Bo and is not a step up. The only difference is less spittle.

Actually, I wasn't saying that at all. I am just tired of hearing about the "9 Wins". It was fools gold.

• Fire 2

If you make an amazing play that isn't luck.

Let's look at least year. We dropped the game winner against MSU. We dropped the game-winner then DPE fumbles on the 1yd line against MInn. Against McNeese the score was tied when AA made his great play. If he doesn't make that play it likely goes to OT. I wouldn't say we were lucky.

Yes we got flat-out lucky with our Hail Mary win in '08. We also didn't have a TM that could plant his foot well on throws or run the ball. He really should have been pulled right away to get a medical redshirt. Hell Tommy didn't even stay healthy. Yes we were positive in "close game" column but overall I wouldn't call that a lucky season overall when a healthy TM would have changed things significantly.

Overall our records are what we earned for better or worse, and that's the way it is for most teams, even ones that are in many close games. The close ones USUALLY still get down making or not making plays.

Coaches coach and players play. It took a team effort to win the game but at the end of the day, I tip my hat to the players. They were in this game from the coin toss!

Players looked loose and acted like they were having fun from the start. First game I went to this year, but watching the other games on TV the team looked flat and almost uninterested at times.

Could be fun the rest of the year if they can harness the attitude they had in this game. I will be extremely disappointed if we come out flat against Rutgers. That might be when we know if something "clicked" or not.