Eichorst says contract extension is premature/irrelevant

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/2015/eichorst-says-possible-contract-extension-is-premature-irrelevant/article_30c87d46-9262-589e-8aff-343fc880393b.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst said he’s respectfully asked Chancellor Harvey Perlman to cease discussing the contract of the athletic director or any possible extensions.

It’s not the time or place,” Eichorst said. “The focus needs to be on our kids, on our coaches, on our staff and on our fan base, and I’m 100 percent committed to that. I’m good with where I’m at from an employment perspective, because I know we’re doing great things in the organization.

Eichorst earned a little respect from me after this article. Glad he told Perlman to pipe down

• Fire 1

Eich gets it more than Harvey does. We're lucky to have him. And wow, what a down-to-earth dude:

Such extension talk is premature and irrelevant, said Eichorst, noting he’s also asked Perlman to remove perks in his contract, such as a country club membership and car.

Should be a great fit in Nebraska, and I hope it's for a long time.

Also, this interview was conducted *before* tonight's game. It might have come out on the heels of an ugly loss. But, tonight is Nebraska's night. We've been due.

• Fire 1

I actually gained a lot of respect for Eichorst after today. Not only him saying the contract extension was inappropriate but also how he stood on the sidelines next to the team and watched the entire game from there. He could have hid up in his press box like Peterson did every week but instead he stood there, showed his support, and took his boo's look a man.

• Fire 2

I actually gained a lot of respect for Eichorst after today. Not only him saying the contract extension was inappropriate but also how he stood on the sidelines next to the team and watched the entire game from there. He could have hid up in his press box like Peterson did every week but instead he stood there, showed his support, and took his boo's look a man.

He was also in the locker room jumping up and and down dancing with the players. He's got to continue to get more involved/exposure like that.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/2015/eichorst-says-possible-contract-extension-is-premature-irrelevant/article_30c87d46-9262-589e-8aff-343fc880393b.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst said he’s respectfully asked Chancellor Harvey Perlman to cease discussing the contract of the athletic director or any possible extensions.

It’s not the time or place,” Eichorst said. “The focus needs to be on our kids, on our coaches, on our staff and on our fan base, and I’m 100 percent committed to that. I’m good with where I’m at from an employment perspective, because I know we’re doing great things in the organization.

Eichorst earned a little respect from me after this article. Glad he told Perlman to pipe down

He may be worth keeping after all,I am impressed.

I've always liked Eichorst, and thought the sudden rush to paint him as the villain was far beyond premature.

I'm not saying I'm right, but I haven't seen reason to think he isn't good at his job yet.

I've always liked Eichorst as well and this article reaffirms that.

I've always liked Eichorst, and thought the sudden rush to paint him as the villain was far beyond premature.

I'm not saying I'm right, but I haven't seen reason to think he isn't good at his job yet.

I'm neutral on him. I think he got the hate before this season because he's a redhead and a lawyer.

• Fire 1