Two hexes reversed?

I was watching the game last night never finding myself giving up on this team. I couldn't do it because all I know to do while watching the Huskers is to believe. The bad luck we've had all season was in the back of my mind not letting me completely buy in that we would win.

Then we had that squib kick kickoff up by only 1 point to the #7 team in the nation with :17 left on the clock................they've got a chance.................not again! :17 is usually nothing, but to US it's way too much time. Now down to :07 and they've got one timeout and a chance to get into field goal range. I'm thinking, they're going to get into field goal range, take a timeout and have :01 or a few more to kick a field goal, win the game and once again our souls will be crushed with another last second loss. Then Cook takes too much time in the pocket and that was assisted by the Nebraska defense collapsing the pocket, he throws the ball and I'm watching it go out of bounds.......................shades of the 2009 Big XII Championship enter my mind. S*&t...........I bet they put a second back on the clock and how much crappier can our luck be if they do that this season?! Nothing happens though, the refs don't return to review the game clock! The Spartans didn't kick a last second field goal to escape with a win out of a psychologically and physically tired Lincoln Nebraska!

Did we just reverse two hexes that have seemed to be there for quite awhile now? We had a last minute win for once? We didn't have that :01 put back on the clock to allow a team to have another chance to beat us? Obviously only time will tell, but I can't help but hope that we look back at this moment as the moment when things started to turn around. This was a HUGE win for this program and badly needed as we all know.

I said in another thread several days ago I didn't know how I would feel if we finished 6-6 on the season having beat an undefeated #7 MSU team and an assumed to be undefeated Iowa who very well may be a Top 5 team by the end of the season. I would probably have a stroke from the confusion that I would feel, but we've got a chance to do just that, take care of Rutgers and now the last game of the season truly means something other than just for pride. GO HUSKERS! BEAT RUTGERS!

• Fire 1