Would you rather....

This reminds me of that South Park episode in which they try to come up with a plot that hasn't been done already by The Simpsons. Maybe we should be happy we're not sure whether we could already be in better shape than we were last season not playing for a conference title with more mature talent? Is it Bo we have but different? Dan Patrick doesn't even beat a dead horse like we have Bo. I wish we could at least trust that our AD could see the future better than the average fan but I'm just going to be patient, realizing that even a 6-6 2015 season doesn't put the matter to bed.

This reminds me of that South Park episode in which they try to come up with a plot that hasn't been done already by The Simpsons. Maybe we should be happy we're not sure whether we could already be in better shape than we were last season not playing for a conference title with more mature talent? Is it Bo we have but different? Dan Patrick doesn't even beat a dead horse like we have Bo. I wish we could at least trust that our AD could see the future better than the average fan but I'm just going to be patient, realizing that even a 6-6 2015 season doesn't put the matter to bed.

I'm not trying to make it a Bo argument. I am saying "which record would you rather have". It's not a Bo/Riley thing. I wanted Bo gone, and I don't want him back.

Adam Rittenberg was on Mike'l Severe's show today, he is a national college football writer, so he isn't just focused on the Big Ten or just Nebraska football. Severe commented that some fans are treating the Michigan State win as the biggest win since Oklahoma 2001. Now, rankings-wise, it might be close. But Rittenberg made a great point. Nebraska has had a number of big wins in the past number of years, in order to get into conference title games that they did achieve. Those games that NU won had a lot riding on them for Nebraska.

The Michigan State game had NOTHING riding on it for Nebraska and Riley. There wasn't a trip to the conference championship game or a major bowl at stake. NU was in a no-lose situation. If NU loses to Michigan State, it's record would have been 3-7 rather than 4-6. Those are still very bad seasons, record-wise. I think Riley has been able to pull off a lot of "big upsets" during his time at Oregon State is that those teams really had nothing to lose. In 2009 and 2013, Oregon State was in contention in the Pac 10/12 and they lost when the games mattered.

That's a lie.

Nebraska should play for conference titles and major bowl bids. We're not this year, but that doesn't mean the season is wasted and that doesn't mean nothing was on the line against Michigan State. A loss would've all but sealed our postseason fate. We probably need to win out just to get to a bowl and Saturday night was a very vital step in that process. I'm alright with a 7-6/6-7 season if it serves as a stepping stone for bigger and better things next year. Many of us over the summer were willing to take a step back so that we could move forward.

I guess we as fans are always quick to jump onto something and try to rank it in comparison to another thing. I don't like that. We beat a very good Michigan State team on Saturday and that's something to be proud of. Just like it was something to be proud of when Nebraska beat #9 Michigan State in 2011.

• Fire 2

ColoradoHusk - I get the feeling you do NOT like the results of your own poll here. By the way, I have never heard of an overtime game and a 10 point loss - classified as a "blow-out" espescially by a FAN.....Now a FAN should consider a 70-31 loss or a 70-10 loss as a blow-out.

Keep preaching thou :(

• Fire 1

Great win by Nebraska. I'm proud of the fighter's heart the team displayed. I'd much rather have a winning record. Also please keep in mind how little rankings mean. Also go look at many of these teams that are ranked and where they end up at the end of the season. I think the Huskers will win out and finish 7-6. I never have and never will believe Riley and company are the solution. I've watched them too many years. Same old mistakes and weakness displayed at Nebraska. Sorry folks that coaching.

ColoradoHusk - I get the feeling you do NOT like the results of your own poll here. By the way, I have never heard of an overtime game and a 10 point loss - classified as a "blow-out" espescially by a FAN.....Now a FAN should consider a 70-31 loss or a 70-10 loss as a blow-out.

I knew what people would answer, I guess I just needed the confirmation. I think people have a negative bias against Bo (which I am not saying it isn't deserved) and they want Riley & NU to win so they want to have hope from this "big win" against Michigan State.

Don't get me wrong, I was cheering for the win against NU at home with my family, and we had a huge cheer when NU pulled off the W. However, after the recency bias wears off, I am still very concerned about what happened in the debacle losses that have occurred this year. Just as Bo's performance in "big games" concerned me, Riley's performance in "non-big games" concern me.

I knew what people would answer, I guess I just needed the confirmation. I think people have a negative bias against Bo (which I am not saying it isn't deserved) and they want Riley & NU to win so they want to have hope from this "big win" against Michigan State.

Don't get me wrong, I was cheering for the win against NU at home with my family, and we had a huge cheer when NU pulled off the W. However, after the recency bias wears off, I am still very concerned about what happened in the debacle losses that have occurred this year. Just as Bo's performance in "big games" concerned me, Riley's performance in "non-big games" concern me.

Except Bo's losses were still coming in year 7. This is still Riley's first year

Except Bo's losses were still coming in year 7. This is still Riley's first year

This is Riley's first year at NU. However, his entire coaching career at Oregon State was full of head-scratching losses. Yes, he get a "Big Win" every now and then, but he has just as many "bad losses" or more during his career. That is a trend that has continued at NU.

• Fire 1

This is Riley's first year at NU. However, his entire coaching career at Oregon State was full of head-scratching losses. Yes, he get a "Big Win" every now and then, but he has just as many "bad losses" or more during his career. That is a trend that has continued at NU.

Is Iowa State full of head-scratching losses, or are they just losses?

Bad decisions / Bad Breaks / Bad Execution got the momentum headed in the wrong direction - It looks to have turned. We will know better in the next 21 days. Why don't we sit back and support the current situation and see if this turns into something special. I have no say in big decisions and I guess you don't either. I do know that being positive is a lot more fun!!! I'm confident that it won't take 7 years to determine that this was not an experiment.

If we finish 6-6 and were in every game, the season is basically no different than us going 9-3 with a couple of blow-out losses. Perhaps a slight advantage to Riley for not acting like an asshat along the way.

Purdue blew NU out, and Miami pretty much did too, until Miami stopped playing.

Yeah that^