Iowa up to #5 in the CFP rankings... can we beat Rutgers to set up a showdown?

Kernal

ending the year with wins over a top 5 and a top 10 would be awesome.

If we have to start calling Iowa a top 5 team my head will explode.

Don't worry. If Nebraska beats them they will have been "over rated."

would be (impossible) pretty amazing if we beat iowa then they upset the east winner. i think the west will always be looked down upon by the east, BUT nebraska could be like florida was for a while in the sec east. doesn't matter once you get to the conference championship.

ending the year with wins over a top 5 and a top 10 would be awesome.

If we have to start calling Iowa a top 5 team my head will explode.

Don't worry. If Nebraska beats them they will have been "over rated."

would be (impossible) pretty amazing if we beat iowa then they upset the east winner. i think the west will always be looked down upon by the east, BUT nebraska could be like florida was for a while in the sec east. doesn't matter once you get to the conference championship.

Big Ten West vs Big Ten East is very comparable to the Big 12 North vs Big 12 South. Obviously the West being the Big 12 North.

Nebraska has to beat Iowa. I have the unfortunate "pleasure" of having a brother-in-law who is a Hawkeye fan. A loss would put me in a terrible mood over Thanksgiving dinner that we're having Friday evening.

I have the exact same "brother-in-law" problem luckily we live on opposite sides of the US, but I did let him know that I have picked out a sympathy card to send his way.

• Fire 2

Of course we can and should take Rutgers to the wood shed, (but that was the case with some of our prior loses) If we play like a team that can beat top ten teams than it will be a total beat down with enough momentum that will make it a black Friday match up that Iowa can plan on losing. If the huskers squeak out an ugly win against Rutgers, Iowa may swagger in here planning giving a beat down to a team that was just lucky to beat Mich. St.

• Fire 1

There are two things about this season I have no doubt about. The last second heave by BYU was a once in a lifetime completion for a program - a fluke that should not have gone their way - which should have been a Husker victory. And two, with TA playing the Huskers beat Purdue (Sorry Ryker, it is the truth).

I'll add to that and say the win over the past weekend proves this team can beat Rutgers (OP). Will they? As long as it's not 11AM, I think so (95% W).

There are two things about this season I have no doubt about. The last second heave by BYU was a once in a lifetime completion for a program - a fluke that should not have gone their way - which should have been a Husker victory. And two, with TA playing the Huskers beat Purdue (Sorry Ryker, it is the truth).

I'll add to that and say the win over the past weekend proves this team can beat Rutgers (OP). Will they? As long as it's not 11AM, I think so (95% W).

2:30pm on BTN

Granted, Rutgers has given up a lot of yards the last few games. However, in 2 of our last 3 games, Nebraska has allowed the opposing QB to look like a superstar. So, if we bring our A game and the coaches don't lose their edge and regress, we should beat Rutgers. If we cop an attitude that Rutgers has given up a lot of yards and mentally we let up, then we will be playing against IA trying for our 5th win. Sounds like the Huskers are confident this week, but the Huskers best be hungry too!

Granted, Rutgers has given up a lot of yards the last few games. However, in 2 of our last 3 games, Nebraska has allowed the opposing QB to look like a superstar. So, if we bring our A game and the coaches don't lose their edge and regress, we should beat Rutgers. If we cop an attitude that Rutgers has given up a lot of yards and mentally we let up, then we will be playing against IA trying for our 5th win. Sounds like the Huskers are confident this week, but the Huskers best be hungry too!

This would be an ideal trap game (beating MSU and Iowa looming). But since the Huskers are not 7-1 or 6-2, and the type of season they have gone through up to this point, I don't worry about a let down as much. They have seen so much, been there and done that.

Don't care if NU wins by a FG or more or less. I think they find their groove by the second half to get the victory. I want to say stream roll, but I won't. But it won't surprise me. Losing the game would. Trap or not.