Shilique Calhoun: "Dirty play" threw me off at Nebraska

Kernal

If this is indeed the play, then just wow.....I know it's a bit late but to have something like that bother you the whole game? Maybe his quote was taken out of context

Ha ha! That's awesome. Gates manhandling one of the best DTs in the conference. I don't see where that play is overly dirty. It's a continuation of the play. Gates starts pushing Calhoun Heath to the ground as the runner gets tackled--or just a fraction of a second after the runner goes down. Pushing him to the ground for the second time, that is. Nice! :lol:

btw, Is that the play Calhoun Heath got hurt on? If so, that's unfortunate. There's some hard hitting going on in that play. Football is a rough game.

Edited by NUance
Oops. That's Joel Heath, not Shilique Calhoun.
  • Fire 4

Love reading the comments. "That was on 4th down on their final drive." Really? I don't think there was a fourth down on that last drive, was there?

Okay, that one snapshot looks dirty. But the Sparty players are floppers and actors. (Remember the Kenny Bell block?) You'd have to see the entire play to know how bad it really was.

• Fire 1

On the positive side: "Calhoun, who remains a half-sack behind Julian Peterson for No. 2 on the MSU career list, with 24 1/2, after his least impactful game of the season, vowed that he'll respond. He said Nebraska "has a great offensive line" but that MSU's defensive line must "get back there and create havoc."

Yeah, what's this all about? LOL. Maybe somebody should tell our fans. :D

If this is indeed the play, then just wow.....I know it's a bit late but to have something like that bother you the whole game? Maybe his quote was taken out of context

Ha ha! That's awesome. Gates manhandling one of the best DTs in the conference. I don't see where that play is overly dirty. It's a continuation of the play. Gates starts pushing Calhoun to the ground as the runner gets tackled--or just a fraction of a second after the runner goes down. Pushing him to the ground for the second time, that is. Nice! :lol:

btw, Is that the play Calhoun got hurt on? If so, that's unfortunate. There's some hard hitting going on in that play. Football is a rough game.

Yeah, that's not a dirty hit. It is the play Joel Heath got hurt on though, so that's why he's saying it was dirty. It looks like a normal effort play to me. But it is too bad Heath got hurt. I never want to see players get hurt.