Shilique Calhoun: "Dirty play" threw me off at Nebraska

Kernal

I don't see a thing wrong with any of it. In fact, I would like to see our linemen play like that all the time.

The block by Gates on Heath was just finishing the play. It was borderline late but I sure would rather have that than quitting too soon. There was no malice and it wasn't cheap. It is too bad that Heath's leg was in an awkward position and that he got hurt, but that's football.

The arm around the neck on Calhoun is laughable. There is the overriding rule of all sports, especially football; If the refs don't call it, it didn't happen. There are dozens of holds every game by either team that do not get called. There are penalties called that shouldn't be called. It's all just part of the game. Our guys must've been doing a hell of a job to get in Calhoun's head like that. I like it. I like it a lot.

• Fire 4

The commentators for the game also said how Calhoun seems to "dissappear"from games.

The commentators for the game -- mostly Brian Greise -- questioned the talents, the motives, the plays, the mechanics and the decisions of virtually everyone on either sideline.

Brian Griese was Michigan's QB in 1997 when they stole half the National Championship from Nebraska, and Michigan State is no longer UM's little brother. I bet Griese really loved calling this one. :thumbs

• Fire 2

The commentators for the game also said how Calhoun seems to "dissappear"from games.

The commentators for the game -- mostly Brian Greise -- questioned the talents, the motives, the plays, the mechanics and the decisions of virtually everyone on either sideline.

Brian Griese was Michigan's QB in 1997 when they stole half the National Championship from Nebraska, and Michigan State is no longer UM's little brother. I bet Griese really loved calling this one. :thumbs

They did not have the balls to play us in a championship game...............................................................

• Fire 1

Love reading the comments. "That was on 4th down on their final drive." Really? I don't think there was a fourth down on that last drive, was there?

Okay, that one snapshot looks dirty. But the Sparty players are floppers and actors. (Remember the Kenny Bell block?) You'd have to see the entire play to know how bad it really was.

V

• Fire 1