SB Nation: Emails to Perlman After Purdue Loss

Mavric

Why does anyone think it's appropriate? I guaran-goddam-tee you that none of those people are donors that the university couldn't replace, therefore their opinions are invalid.

I didn't send an email... but....

So as a 45+ years fan... I'm replaceable ?

I've been feeling for a long time that... that is exactly what the administration of the Nebraska football program actually thinks. Talk about a sense of entitlement and superiority.

It's good for long time fans to read this. We need to know how we are really viewed by the program... once and for all.

Read what? What "proves" how the "program" views anybody? The program is an inanimate object that doesn't view anything. Who are you talking about?

However, some of the people that wrote those emails are looked at by specific people within the program, rightly so, as raving effing lunatics. The people that wrote those emails, by and large, are owed absolutely nothing by the program.

Yeah, it's good for fans to know how the administration wants them to be treated. If a coaching staff isn't willing or isn't capable of embracing the fanbase here, they need to be out the door and replaced with a staff that is (for starters).

Bravo to the AD for doing it.

Nebraska hasn't had a conference championship team in a long, long time. They've only had serious contenders here and there over the past (many years). It's not going to be easy to find a coach who can get the program back on track. Let's start with one who appreciates the job, first of all. Win or lose, we do things the right way in Nebraska, or so our reputation goes.

• Fire 1

Why does anyone think it's appropriate? I guaran-goddam-tee you that none of those people are donors that the university couldn't replace, therefore their opinions are invalid.

Yea,, why should anyone express displeasure in a below average product? Just sit there and take it.

But it's nice to know that the opinions of the fans ( many of whom are alumni) aren't wanted.

Instead, maybe we should just end the sellout streak.

Why should anyone give a coach more than 9 games before deciding whether to fire him, the athletic director, and the chancellor????!!!oneone

I'll take "Stupid Nebraska Fan Demands" for $2000 Alex.

Now that was funny. :funnyhahah :funnyhahah :funnyhahah :funnyhahah

Yea,, why should anyone express displeasure in a below average product? Just sit there and take it.

But it's nice to know that the opinions of the fans ( many of whom are alumni) aren't wanted.

Sooner or later that streak is going to end and when it does the wailing and gnashing of teeth will be of Biblical proportions.

• Fire 1

Could have definitely been worse. Interesting he replied to one of them and basically asked the guy who else would've been interested in coming here. I'm sure if Eichorst had done his research and looked around more that he could have found a couple bigger names than Riley.

Having said all that I think Riley can be successful here. And as long as Riley is our coach he will have my support.

You say that like Perlman was wrong for saying it.

On a couple of other matters, I'd like to know your list of "other quality coaches" that match Mike Riley that were (1) available (2) might have had an interest in coming here.

As you can see, this is a question that has been asked on message boards many times since Bo was fired but now we gasp and point like Perlman did something inappropriate? I see this as a perfectly reasonable response to someone who likely wasn't very reasonable.

Why should anyone give a coach more than 9 games before deciding whether to fire him, the athletic director, and the chancellor????!!!oneone

I'll take "Stupid Nebraska Fan Demands" for $2000 Alex.

TBH, this would only be a $200 question. It's way too easy.

"Do you come to this conclusion because he is not from Nebraska? You might remember that "True Nebraskans" were responsible for the last fifteen years of our football program: Frank Solich, Steve Pedersen (AD), Tom Osborne (AD)."

This comment rankled me to no end, it reveals his true nature. He blames the past 15 years of our football struggles on true Nebraskans, the two of which are people he hired, and one a coach that was wrongly fired by the mentally unstable AD he hired.

He arrogantly refuses to take responsibility for his decisions and then proceeds to shove them on someone else, he's a slimy weasel. He'd fit in perfectly in Washington DC.

"Do you come to this conclusion because he is not from Nebraska? You might remember that "True Nebraskans" were responsible for the last fifteen years of our football program: Frank Solich, Steve Pedersen (AD), Tom Osborne (AD)."

This comment rankled me to no end, it reveals his true nature. He blames the past 15 years of our football struggles on true Nebraskans, the two of which are people he hired, and one a coach that was wrongly fired by the mentally unstable AD he hired.

He arrogantly refuses to take responsibility for his decisions and then proceeds to shove them on someone else, he's a slimy weasel. He'd fit in perfectly in Washington DC.

He must of hurt your feelings, do you have a safe place to go too.

• Fire 1

I could have swore that Riley had years of experience. At least that's what we were led to believe.

He does and it was on full display last Saturday nite

4 and 6.......

Hip, hip, hooray.

Now maybe he can figure out how to not get blown out by the worst team in the league.

• Fire 1