***Official Rutgers Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

Was he throwing into the wind there? That was WAY short.

Yes. Which is another reason we shouldn't be throwing the ball so much

Announcers have commented on the wind numerous times.

But as we saw at Illinois, 15 MPH winds (with 25+MPH gusts) is perfect for throwing the ball 50+ times. :-|

Langsdorf has not learned a God Damn thing. And I was kinda hoping he did.

You and me both.

Play to the QB's f*ing strengths.

Dear Lord, how can any of you blaming Langsdorf for that INT? The guy was wide open and TA overthrew it horribly. That is 100% on TA, not Langs.

Langsdorf knows his QB has 54% completion percentage and makes boneheaded mistakes. So no, it's not just on TA.

Yes it is, and if you don't see that then you have an unhealthy obsession with blaming everything on the coaching staff. TA doesn't have really andy strengths other than extending a play with his feet so if you "play to his strengths" then we wouldn't throw the ball at all.

Tommy's been damn near perfect throwing everything and anything en route to 21 point lead.

So Langs is suddenly a moron for continuing what's been working.

Not sure I like that logic.

Some on here won't blame the players for anything. They only blame the coaches.
what was working was being balanced on offense. Then we decided to only throw. Either way those passes were on Tommy, not the coaches.

Tommy's been damn near perfect throwing everything and anything en route to 21 point lead.

Some on here won't blame the players for anything. They only blame the coaches.

Yep. That is on Tommy

:facepalm:

He was perfect throwing with the wind. Been throwing against the wind in the second quarter and has struggled. That's the logic.

This, plus the fact that Rutgers offense is a quick-strike offense when/if it can get going, which means we need to eat as much clock as possible to give Rutgers as little as possible to work with.

It's called looking at the big picture--something, again, that the coaches are responsible for, and are showing they're not paying attention to the lessons they're being given.

He was perfect throwing with the wind. Been throwing against the wind in the second quarter and has struggled. That's the logic.

And what have we scored on? 2 pass and 1 rush...hmmm

Play to the QB's f*ing strengths.

Dear Lord, how can any of you blaming Langsdorf for that INT? The guy was wide open and TA overthrew it horribly. That is 100% on TA, not Langs.

Langsdorf knows his QB has 54% completion percentage and makes boneheaded mistakes. So no, it's not just on TA.

Yes it is, and if you don't see that then you have an unhealthy obsession with blaming everything on the coaching staff. TA doesn't have really andy strengths other than extending a play with his feet so if you "play to his strengths" then we wouldn't throw the ball at all.

His strength is throwing the play action pass, when we commit to the run game. Something that looked really really good against Minnesota and Michigan St.

And he got lucky on a couple plays when the DBs were no looking for the ball. TA has thrown a lot of passes, and you know he is good for a boneheaded throw every now and then. Why take that chance when you have a 21 point lead? Run the ball down their throat, break their will, do not give them a chance at a momentum changing play.

That wasn't Langs fault, it was Armstrongs. The receiver was wide open. Some of you need help on your obsession of wanting to blame the staff.

The coaching staff knows TA make bad decisions, and bad throws. With a 21 point lead, and great a great yards per carry, we should not be calling that play on first down.
Great yards per carry? If it weren't for our TE running for 32 yards we're averaging 3 yards per carry.. Not great

Why do people always do this? When you look at other teams' running stats do you scour for their long run plays then delete them? 3 yards a carry (if you for some reason delete the big run) is enough to run the ball on first down when you're up 21-0.

Yeah, I do actually.. Especially when I know it was more of a trick play than conventional. Tommy isn't a great passer, we all know this, but the play was there and Tommy failed to execute.