***Official Rutgers Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

As much as we live and die by TA, and I hate that, he's all we got, he goes down and we're screwed against Iowa and probably this game. I doubt we lose to Purdue if he's in there during that game to be honest.

There is no doubt in my mind that we beat Purdue by 20+ points if TA plays the Purdue game.

Agree. TA is a winner warts and all. He is a competitor and leader.

As much as we live and die by TA, and I hate that, he's all we got, he goes down and we're screwed against Iowa and probably this game. I doubt we lose to Purdue if he's in there during that game to be honest.

There is no doubt in my mind that we beat Purdue by 20+ points if TA plays the Purdue game.

No doubt in my mind we beat Purdue of we just RUN THE DAMNED BALL. Coaching cost us that game. Not Fyfe.

Hovey handed the ball away on one of Fyfe's picks. Practically speaking he threw three, which is what Tommy has tossed today and could have easily tossed last week.

Jeez...........we just can't put this game away can we? Good call there Langsdork.

He called exactly what people were asking for. Running it and then short passes/screens. So TA throws it right to an DL and that is Langs fault? Both of Rutgers TD's are on TA's lack of intelligence, and nobody else. This boards obsession with blaming the coaches for the players screwing up is beyond ridiculous.

That play could've been less "cute" if you ask me, JMO. If you can't see the poor game management by the coaching staff well there is nothing I can do about that.

You have to be willfully myopic to not see the staff is inhibiting the kids via their playcalling.

This offense needs a series to string together--a 'win', if you will. Chucking the f*****g ball on 3rd and 4 downfield 40 yards is unnecessary--running and getting 4+ is, so you focus on getting the kids some 'wins' on offense, and string together a drive. Keep running the f*****g ball, and when Rutgers starts to cheat against the run, THEN you go to the air.

It's not f*****g rocket science, except to this staff, apparently.

You are not seeing the other WR's that aren't running 40 yards downfield? That is on TA for throwing it deep instead they of throwing to a WR or TE that is on a shallow route.
We shouldn't have been throwing it on those downs. That's on the coaching staff, and they keep making decisions that put this team in a position to lose.

Up 21-0 why are we airing it out instead of pounding it out? Down 21-7 with a minute left, and we go to the air again!

Then, after getting a first down from 3 runs we throw a screen at the line. TA isn't the tallest QB, of course he's gonna throw it to a spot if he can't see their guy.

On a day when we are gashing them on the ground, why not run more?

This isn't the 1920's when the forward pass was illegal. The runs have been set up by the pass, if you can't see that then there is nothing I can say to help you.