***Official Rutgers Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

It's reliant on both, if that's the word you want to use. Then again, so are most offenses.

If you want me to be more specific, this offense sets up big plays in the running game with passing game success much more than the opposite.

Again, Cross is averaging over 5 yards per carry. That doesn't seem bad to me.

My belief is that our fantastic YPC average running this year has a direct correlation to the success of the passing game. I do not know that Cross is capable of lining up and Leornard Fournetting opposing defenses on his own skill alone. Nor that the coaching staff will attempt that.

Except that our O-Line was damn good against the best D-Line in the B1G last week on run blocking.

So how does an O-Line that shut down an excellent D-Line last week in the running game now have problems against a weaksauce D-Line this week?

They played exceptionally well last week. Best game of the year by far. Even so, they did a ton of damage through the air. I still do not believe we're a team that consistently line up and run over teams.

Is the Rutger's O really bad, have our coaches adjusted, or do we have more healthy players. Why is the D doing so well today?

We are playing improved D but we're also playing against a bad O. Carroo is their one noteworthy player and he's playing on one leg.

They really are bad. A win is a win though.

One more and we are 500, more important though we go to a bowl and have an opportunity to win the game with a four game winning streak. That makes for a much better off season than finishing with a losing record.

Absolutely. Momentum to practice, recruit and get the seniors a bowl game. Go out on a high note.

And get Riley's winning percentage right on schedule ............... 53.8%