***Official Rutgers Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

Good win, and glad to see the coaches salt away the win in the second half with the running game...though they were kind of forced into it.

The running game *is* there if the coaches will commit to it, and this game would not have even been remotely close had we just committed to the running game sooner.

Here's hoping we don't make the mistake next week vs. Iowa, and we can ruin Iowa's perfect season.

Ruin iowas season and make nebraska

As much as we live and die by TA, and I hate that, he's all we got, he goes down and we're screwed against Iowa and probably this game. I doubt we lose to Purdue if he's in there during that game to be honest.

There is no doubt in my mind that we beat Purdue by 20+ points if TA plays the Purdue game.
No doubt in my mind we beat Purdue of we just RUN THE DAMNED BALL. Coaching cost us that game. Not Fyfe.
Oh dear lord, you are freaking GD ridiculous.
And you are foolish if you are going to blame the players and completely absolve this coaching staff. Purdue has the worst running defense in the NCAA. So what do we do? Throw the ball all game.

And today, we are going into the wind and go to air raid mode with a 21 point lead at the end of a half. Yeah, those INts are on the coaches.

You obviously have no f'ing clue what you are talking about. No INT is ever on a coach, players either make or don't execute the plays that are called. Execution is on the players, not the coaches.
According to you nothing is ever on these coaches. Are you related to Riley?

But dude seriously, you don't have any problem with the play calls to end the half? These coaches are consistently putting the players in a position to fail.

I have seen things that I haven't liked, the largest being the first half play at Miami. But I see TA leading us to a -12 turnover margin as the reason why we are where we are right now. I see our biggest problems being bad OL and DL play (especially the DE's) and bad secondary play with the new system. Throw in a lack of depth and then you have a team that needs some very good recruiting from this point forward to get back where we want to be. Quality depth would have been huge for us this year.

lol...I am not related to Riley. I just see a team that has a lot of limitations that have cost us a lot of close games.

No I got it wrong. The way you avoided the question I asked you definitely are in the Eichorst family.

I answered your question, you apparently can't comprehend. I have an idea of how to make your Saturday's more enjoyable. Stop with the agenda and enjoy a Nebraska win.

You could start by being intellectually honest. I asked a simple yes no question, which you still haven't answered.

Do you agree with the play calling at the end of the half?

But honestly, I don't know what agenda you speak of. I'm simply reacting to what I see happen through the game. I mean, sh#t man my first post in this thread after the game started was commenting on how good the team looked today. Then we start with the horrible play calling that got Rurgers back into the game (for a bit).

I want us to win. I want us to be consistent. Pure and simple. If it's with Riley, great. If not, let's get someone on here that can do it. But I'm not going to ignore obvious bad play calling and clock management (which had been a problem all season and can't be blamed on the players, so you ignore it).

I have said several times in this thread that I liked the play calling at the end of the half. We had all of the momentum and TA was hot. He threw a bad pass and overthrew a wide open WR. I would rather go for the kill than play scared with just under three minutes left in the half.

A lot of that clock management is on TA, he was snapping the ball with the clock still in the teens against BYU. I didn't like the prevent defense at the end of the game, but the hail mary still shouldn't have been caught if anyone pulls their head out of their ass on that play and stands in front of the WR and just knocks the ball down. Then TA was more worried about getting out of FG range than just taking the sack against Illinois. TA is what he is, and that is a QB that isn't very intelligent.

Have the coaches been perfect, hell no they haven't. But they are also working with the hand that they have been dealt. Let's see if we are still having these issues when they get their players for their system. Then we can make the call if Riley is the right man for the job.