Tangent Thread - December 2015 Edition

Mavric

Also, just checked and it looks like you didn't get booted from BRB until around 2009 or 2010. You made it longer than most!

Are you a member of BRB? If not, when did *you* get booted?

I was a member, when BRB first split from Huskerpedia. I got the boot in mid November of 2007. In fact, a lot of us did.

You don't think "hating Frank & Bo and Loving Callahan" is a bit too strong for pretty much anyone in this spirited conversation?

No.

But you're free to disagree.

I cant recall more than one person liking Bill Callahan more than Frank Solich.

Go to bigredboard. Luckily, the Internet figured out a way to quarantine them.

Bigredboard doesn't accept new members and hasn't since they purged anyone who didn't hate Tom Osborne and refused to toe the line. That's been years now. There is very little a guest can view, almost all of their posts are hidden from the public. They have at least 3 layers of hidden forums and that's only counting if you are a member. (lol)

All of your "bigredboard" comparisons are pretty silly, probably time to drop it.

Do you know what quarantine means? You must, cuz you just described it.

If you do indeed know what a quarantine is, why do you insist on people going to bigredboard?

I didn't mean for him to join. I meant that is where he could go to find the people that he thought were so scarce.

You can't even do that, it's all hidden from view unless you are a member.

sigh.

It was more of a figurative comment to say "Here's where they are."

As to viewing if you're not a member, there are other ways. :ph34r:

So basically, you are only telling people that to be a jerk?

• Fire 2

You don't think "hating Frank & Bo and Loving Callahan" is a bit too strong for pretty much anyone in this spirited conversation?

No.

Bigredboard doesn't accept new members and hasn't since they purged anyone who didn't hate Tom Osborne and refused to toe the line. That's been years now. There is very little a guest can view, almost all of their posts are hidden from the public. They have at least 3 layers of hidden forums and that's only counting if you are a member. (lol)

All of your "bigredboard" comparisons are pretty silly, probably time to drop it.

If you do indeed know what a quarantine is, why do you insist on people going to bigredboard?

I didn't mean for him to join. I meant that is where he could go to find the people that he thought were so scarce.

sigh.

No. Did you follow the conversation at all? Your earlier confusion about what I said led to this whole derailment.

He said he only knew of one person that hated Frank and loved Bill. I pointed him to a whole board full of them.

Also, just checked and it looks like you didn't get booted from BRB until around 2009 or 2010. You made it longer than most!

Are you a member of BRB? If not, when did *you* get booted?

I was a member, when BRB first split from Huskerpedia. I got the boot in mid November of 2007. In fact, a lot of us did.

So you didn't post as "Elf" over there?

No.

sigh.

No. Did you follow the conversation at all? Your earlier confusion about what I said led to this whole derailment.

He said he only knew of one person that hated Frank and loved Bill. I pointed him to a whole board full of them.

Brings back nightmares of people who created stupid red jet fighter JPGs depicting our new air attack on HP back when Callahan was hired...

This thread is starting to feel like a group chat full of high schoolers... Scratch that. This BOARD is beginning to feel like a group chat full of high schoolers.

Exactly how would you like it to be? It has been a long............. slide to mediocrity. It is hard to realistically be upbeat if you are someone who is really vested in the program.

This thread is starting to feel like a group chat full of high schoolers... Scratch that. This BOARD is beginning to feel like a group chat full of high schoolers.

Exactly how would you like it to be? It has been a long............. slide to mediocrity. It is hard to realistically be upbeat if you are someone who is really vested in the program.
I was more referring to a couple of the posters on here derailing it from its main focus.

P.S. you weren't one of them :)

The culture change will be finalized when the current players that do not fit or do not buy in are flushed from the program. Can't happen soon enough, so we can move on with fixing the program.

Sweet culture change. The team used to win 70% of their games, play for championships, and had an outstanding academic record.

Now, a year later, they will probably have one of the worst seasons in the history of the program, and are having academic issues not seen in years, if ever.

What changed?