I've trash talked the coaching staff so..,.

Langs still went air raid with a 21 point lead. Three interceptions later he back to the running game and the team coasted to a win. I liked the D today, but Rutgers is pretty bad. They did have 3 backs averaging over 5 yards per carry coming into today, and they didn't get much against us.

We didn't pass much after Tommy got shook up. The tv guys noticed it as well.

If Tommy did get dinged up a bit, at least he'll have 2 weeks to recover.

If we had a qb that could make the most basic throws in the game, this "air raid" as you call it, woulda lead to an addition couple touchdowns, kept them off the scoreboard, and the resulting 28/35-0 halftime lead woulda been deemed as genius.

Some of his decision making has been...questionable. He started the game off something like 9-11 and he was making good decisions and the scoreboard showed it. Then he started throwing interceptions.

If we had a qb that could make the most basic throws in the game, this "air raid" as you call it, woulda lead to an addition couple touchdowns, kept them off the scoreboard, and the resulting 28/35-0 halftime lead woulda been deemed as genius.

That's the problem with this coaching staff. Riley said he was not going to force his system on these players and he has done nothing but square peg/round hole it, since he got to Lincoln. That's why he's not a good coach. This is easily a 9-win team if he coaches it correctly. However, he has been stubborn and consistently tried to make this team the Nebraska Beavers. It hasn't worked.

That's the problem with this coaching staff. Riley said he was not going to force his system on these players and he has done nothing but square peg/round hole it, since he got to Lincoln. That's why he's not a good coach. This is easily a 9-win team if he coaches it correctly. However, he has been stubborn and consistently tried to make this team the Nebraska Beavers. It hasn't worked.

So using the fullback and designed qb runs (to name a couple examples) is forcing a square peg into a round hole? Anyone that thought we weren't going to be throwing the ball very much was wrong. Besides, Armstrong was going to be throwing the ball regardless of which offense he was running, Beck's or Riley's. As long as Riley is here we are going to be throwing the ball a lot. We are getting better, so sit back and enjoy. :)

Yeah well, they made a bunch of stupid moves last week and won in spite of themselves and today they just did what they were supposed to do....get a lead and run the damn ball. I don't know why it took them 11 games to figure this out, but it is an improvement. However the frustrating part is that this team could easily be 9-2, 10-1 or even 11-0 right now instead of 5-6. I just hope it will not take nearly the entire fan base calling for their heads to get them to pull their heads out of their a** every year (I really wish there wouldn't be an "every year", but I know that's too much to wish for).

So we made a bunch of stupid moves last week and beat the #7 football team in the nation in spite of ourselves? Huh?? And all this time I thought we played a pretty good game against undefeated Michigan State.

I get the impression you think we run a pass happy offense. We don't. Through eleven games we've passed 394 times. We've run the ball 396 times. That's about as balanced as you can get.

But have there been games where we passed too much? Sure. Case in point, Purdue. If you recall, though, our starting QB was sitting on the sidelines injured. Do you think that might have affected our play calling some? And since the Boilers have the #74 pass defense in the nation, it wasn't totally crazy to try throwing the ball against them.

• Fire 2

It's not the Nebraska Huskers either....it's the Nebraska Cornhuskers.....BRING BACK THE CORN!!!!!! BRING BACK FARMER HERBIE!!!!

The interceptions were not on the coaches yesterday. Tommy had an overthrow, this is going to happen on occasion. But the other 2 were just bone headed mistakes. One he should have thrown away and the other he did not read that line was not rushing. I have no problem mixing it up and throwing passes against a team like Rutgers. The only way to get better is to keep running the offense.

• Fire 4

I found Gerry's comments interesting. Article in OWH this morning:

On the team’s improvement: “Everyone kind of looked each other in the eye and we decided we were going to buy in and things are going to start cooking.”

The secondary looked pretty good for a change. Maybe they are finally buying in. Hard to win games when some of the players aren't trying........

On the team’s improvement:[/size] “Everyone kind of looked each other in the eye and we decided we were going to buy in and things are going to start cooking.”[/size]

The [/size]secondary looked pretty good for a change. Maybe they are finally buying in. Hard to win games when some of the players aren't trying........

That is sad and good at the same time. Should have bought in from game one, makes a big difference and they are seeing the results.

I think on some of these "basic" throws like the middle screens, Armstrong may be too short to see over the lineman and place the ball accurately. I still love all of the things he brings to the game, just think coaches will start/continue to recruit taller qb's to be able to make those throws. It may work out, it may not. Part of why I love college football so much, player turnover. My love for Nebraska Football however, is DNA related.

On the teams improvement:[/size] Everyone kind of looked each other in the eye and we decided we were going to buy in and things are going to start cooking.[/size]

The [/size]secondary looked pretty good for a change. Maybe they are finally buying in. Hard to win games when some of the players aren't trying........

That is sad and good at the same time. Should have bought in from game one, makes a big difference and they are seeing the results.

I wouldn't neccesarily equate "not buying in" with "not trying". Belief and trust in a scheme can take time. Especially when the previous philosophy was different. IMO

• Fire 1

I will give credit to the team and the coaches to playing with focus and tenacity from the opening snap. The tight end reverse was a great play call, and the coaches have finally figured out how to get a resemblance of a run game going.

However, the game management near the end of the 2nd quarter was baffling. The first INT thrown by Tommy was a bad throw, on an open receiver. However, the coaches have to do a better job of understanding the game situation. Rutgers was doing nothing on offense, so Langsdorf didn't need to be super aggressive and have Armstrong throw it when it wasn't needed. Then when Rutgers did score and NU got the ball back with 1 minute left in the half, NU should have just eaten the ball and gone into half. Instead Langsdorf has Armstrong throw the ball on 2 straight plays, the 2nd resulting in another INT. That turnover almost led to more Rutgers points.

To me, it's one thing to be "aggressive" and go for the jugular, and another thing to be smart and understanding the game situation. To me, Riley and Langsdorf haven't impressed me with their game management decisions throughout the season.

• Fire 1