QB Recruiting - Past & Present

zoogs

Remember when we almost landed Lamar Jackson?

Wow I didn't know that. Who/Which coach was recruiting him? Did he want to play in Lincoln or was he always Louisville? And who else was on his list of top choices?

He's playing incredible.

He committed to Louisville before the 2014 season but took a visit to nebraska in the fall and was in play. The firing in November put that to rest. I'm on phone but will try to send link.

He is way overhyped. Wait until after this week. He will get semi-shut down by FSU
You are so hit or miss, Matty. Sometimes your posts are insightful and weLloyd thought out and then some are like this. What has made you think he's not the real deal? The fact that he's not a husker?
  • Fire 1

His HS coach is friends with a coach from Louisville. The only team that had a chance to flip him was Florida. When they got rid of Will Muschamp, that was the end of Florida being a consideration.

Is that why he visited Florida 3 months after muschamp was canned?

He was very much in play.

He took a visit there because McElwain asked him but his coach came out and said Florida was out of it after they fired Muschamp.

Most Husker fans would love Lamar's stat line against the #2 team in the country. I think he has thrown for over 200 yards today with a TD and INT and then ran for around 150 with 4 TD's ... I know ... the guy is overhyped. :-)

Nah, too much running. Too much "one man show." Not diverse enough in the attack yadayadayada.

Petrino, as much as it pains me to say it, really knows how to flex his system to what he has.

He is way overhyped. Wait until after this week. He will get semi-shut down by FSU
You are so hit or miss, Matty. Sometimes your posts are insightful and weLloyd thought out and then some are like this. What has made you think he's not the real deal? The fact that he's not a husker?

Man it was an opinion that he may change after todays performance. however, where does the husker comment come from?

Overhyped? I would hope he would be the starter over TA. The ceiling for TA was already hit. That is why 8-4 is the ceiling this year as I see it.
I think you need to raise your ceiling