***Official Iowa Game Discussion Thread***

Why did we call time out with 7 seconds left. We should not have had to kick off.

Wouldn't have been able to get the FG team on the field and get the kick off in time if they hadn't

Bullcrap

Whats bullcrap. If he Turner didn't get a first down then the clock didn't stop. They never would have gotten the FG team on and the kick off in seven seconds. And why not take the time out anyway, make sure everything and everyone is in place.

Unlike the Illinoise game, that was actually good clock management.

The clock stops when the time out is called. Period. Doesn't matter who is on the field, which down, etc.

11 year olds playing Madden know this. It's football clock management 101. This staff can't figure it out after hundreds of years experience.

Are you saying that the timeout didn't need to be called or that he should have let it run down a few more seconds before calling a timeout?

Hey guys, Mark May is so impressed with Iowa's offensive line. I mean they're clearly dominating us. Just look at the score.

I can't stand that guy. Anyone else notice how fast he's talking? He keeps repeating how "Iowa doesn't make mistakes." Well, our coach didn't get called for sideline interference. Iowa has made mistakes during this game too. May is mad because Nebraska isn't laying down and letting Iowa walk all over them. GBR!

I guess fumbles are not mistakes.

Isn't joining the stinkeye football team considered a mistake?

Why did we call time out with 7 seconds left. We should not have had to kick off.

Wouldn't have been able to get the FG team on the field and get the kick off in time if they hadn't

Bullcrap

Whats bullcrap. If he Turner didn't get a first down then the clock didn't stop. They never would have gotten the FG team on and the kick off in seven seconds. And why not take the time out anyway, make sure everything and everyone is in place.

You could let the clock wind down to 1 second and then call timeout, yes?

Yes please

Hey guys, Mark May is so impressed with Iowa's offensive line. I mean they're clearly dominating us. Just look at the score.

I can't stand that guy. Anyone else notice how fast he's talking? He keeps repeating how "Iowa doesn't make mistakes." Well, our coach didn't get called for sideline interference. Iowa has made mistakes during this game too. May is mad because Nebraska isn't laying down and letting Iowa walk all over them. GBR!

They made a pretty big mistake but the refs gave them the ball back. You can call illegal hands to the face when you start calling holding properly.

Bullcrap

The clock stops when the time out is called. Period. Doesn't matter who is on the field, which down, etc.

11 year olds playing Madden know this. It's football clock management 101. This staff can't figure it out after hundreds of years experience.

Are you saying that the timeout didn't need to be called or that he should have let it run down a few more seconds before calling a timeout?

Common sense. Let the clock go down to 2 seconds.

So...confirmed that Les Miles is fired from LSU? I guess Oklahoma State could take him back in...

...oh sweet baby Jesus, Mark May brought up the Bo Pelini firing. I just can't...

Yes, I reported it earlier. They apparently believe that Jimbo Fisher is going to jump ship from FSU...