Eichorst 2014 - "But in the final analysis, I had to evaluate where Iowa was." Where Do We Go From Here Nebraska?

The Duke

Here is a question I asked a while back. We hired a .546 coach from OSU.

1) Why would he be better here

2) Who even had this guy in their personal top 25 coaches

3) Who didn't have to google him when he was chosen

The guy is average, always was and will be. He is simply the anti Bo. A nice guy. Who really thinks "when he gets his guys" we can win it all. He had his guys at OSU and was .546..... We lost game this year,not on talent, but in piss poor coaching decisions. That won't change with "his guys". His record was basically average with an upset every now and then........

You have to pay big to go big. Another season of this and we slide further away from relevance. Iowa is 12-0 by playing fundamental sound football. They play within a scheme they know and can execute. Kirk, in the off season did some soul searching to include getting rid of his starting QB and naming Beathard the guy in January......

Riley is who he is. He isn't going to change.

NU needs to open the coffer and pay. Riley, if he stays will probably retire in 4 years and then, after 3 more years of .500 or less, he will retire and we start again. Hell, rip off the band-aid and start rebuilding now. With a new coach.

This team, unlike the Pelini team of last year, improved during the year and exhibited class on and off the field. So let's move on to a new topic. I do NOT see how anyone can be bitter by Pelini's firing. He should not be head coach anywhere.

I'm not bitter about Pelini's firing, but I am bitter about firing Pelini and getting a .500 career coaching staff.

When you see a guy's record but you don't watch all of the games he coaches you may come up with all kinds of theories for why he might be around .500 for his career. But, now that we have seen this guy coach for a season, I think the reasons are a lot more clear.

I'm at the point where I just want to win. If that means we get a shady coach to do it, I'm ok with that. I can make up excuses for illegal recruiting practices, I can't for losses.

Then be a fan some place else dude, cuz that's not going to happen here. What good does recruiting illegally do? Win at the time, get caught, then get the wins taken away and become a laughing stock? Doesn't sound too appealing and surely isn't anything I want to support.
  • Fire 1