Overtime: Iowa Post-game Overreaction

The TV guys were saying it the whole game. The difference between the two teams was the QB play. Iowa's QB didn't make STUPID decisions that cost his team. Ours did and has made them all year.

Check how many pass attempts Iowa had versus how many Nebraska had. That's called an excellent offensive game plan by Iowa. Put your offense in a position to succeed.

I hate this staff. Everytime I see MR get up after these losses and chuckle over all the f*@k-ups , bad play calls, and mismanagement of the game I want to slap the crap out his wrinkly, old ass. He danced around and shuffled his papers tonight at the podium like he was doing the "gotta potty" dance. So sick of seeing him wandering up and down the sideline like a dementia patient, did he need the notes for the press conference because he doesn't pay attention to the damn game? I know people didn't want the "raving lunatic" coach but di we have to go full blown pu$$y? Did we...really?

Langsderp... 4th &1 fade pass?...Why is he even on the sideline? Is he holding TA's coat? I never see him "coaching 'em up" after all the colossal brain farts. If he had no intention to work on TA then act like you got a pair and BENCH HIM. On the other hand, the QB guru still can't teach him not to throw from a pigeon toed stance after a year of practices so what does that say for his "coaching abilities. I hope the lawn service guy is banging his wife.

Read?... pretty evident he's conned Riley into believing he's really a coach.

Banker's defense is awesome...at least when he's facing OC's dumb enough to bang their head against his obvious schemes. Thank you sweet baby Jesus for not making us have to play OSU, Michigan, or any Big 12 team.

I don't know where folks are seeing "improvement". Record? Penalties? Turnovers? No, no, no. The patient is brain-dead, time to start farming out the organs. Bowl game?!?!? Can you really think of a team out there you'd feel good about playing? No thanks, I've had my fill for a year.

There is plenty of improvement, penalties have gone down, turnovers were only on our Qb, the defense is better, much better. Recruiting is MUCH better. The future is bright at DONU!

Interesting info for you. Nebraska is 10th in penalty yards this year with 791. We were 68th last year with 655. Guess who was 10th last year. If you guessed Oregon St. You would be correct.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/downs/sort/totalPenaltyYards/year/2014

Man, does the press just love to lob easy questions to Riley or what?

Here's a real question: "Coach, can you explain who made the call on the 4th-and-1 to have Tommy in the shotgun, instead of at the line, and why a pass play, and not a run play, was called?"

I have a feeling Riley would have spewed the exact same lame-ass answer, but still. Have some balls.

The question I wanted was "Can you explain why Jano didn't get a single carry on senior day, especially how piss poor the passing game was?"

I hate this staff. Everytime I see MR get up after these losses and chuckle over all the f*@k-ups , bad play calls, and mismanagement of the game I want to slap the crap out his wrinkly, old ass. He danced around and shuffled his papers tonight at the podium like he was doing the "gotta potty" dance. So sick of seeing him wandering up and down the sideline like a dementia patient, did he need the notes for the press conference because he doesn't pay attention to the damn game? I know people didn't want the "raving lunatic" coach but di we have to go full blown pu$$y? Did we...really?

Langsderp... 4th &1 fade pass?...Why is he even on the sideline? Is he holding TA's coat? I never see him "coaching 'em up" after all the colossal brain farts. If he had no intention to work on TA then act like you got a pair and BENCH HIM. On the other hand, the QB guru still can't teach him not to throw from a pigeon toed stance after a year of practices so what does that say for his "coaching abilities. I hope the lawn service guy is banging his wife.

Banker's defense is awesome...at least when he's facing OC's dumb enough to bang their head against his obvious schemes. Thank you sweet baby Jesus for not making us have to play OSU, Michigan, or any Big 12 team.

I don't know where folks are seeing "improvement". Record? Penalties? Turnovers? No, no, no. The patient is brain-dead, time to start farming out the organs. Bowl game?!?!? Can you really think of a team out there you'd feel good about playing? No thanks, I've had my fill for a year.

There is plenty of improvement, penalties have gone down, turnovers were only on our Qb, the defense is better, much better. Recruiting is MUCH better. The future is bright at DONU!

Turnovers are worse: 7.3 per game this year, 5.9 per game last year.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/penalties-per-game

The TV guys were saying it the whole game. The difference between the two teams was the QB play. Iowa's QB didn't make STUPID decisions that cost his team. Ours did and has made them all year.

Check how many pass attempts Iowa had versus how many Nebraska had. That's called an excellent offensive game plan by Iowa. Put your offense in a position to succeed.

Our offense was in a great position to succeed, nobody can help it when Tommy gets stupid.

• Fire 2

They were on a steady decline as the season went along, really, check it out!!

Seriously you are delusional. We went from 68th to 10th in penalty yards since last year and you have the audacity to actually make the statement "penalties are down".

I think its great you support the coaches but you can't make stuff up because you want it to be true. The fact is we had over 140 more penalty yards this year. So in comparing to last year we are worse. The penalties may have gone down from August to November but they did last year as well from 6.4 to 4.5 per game. They declined over the same time period in 2013 as well. Bottom line this team had more penalties for more yards this year then last year or 2013. Penalties are not down. They are indisputably higher in both penalties and penalty yards then they have been the last two years.

Our offense was in a great position to succeed, nobody can help it when Tommy gets stupid.

Agree!

• Fire 1

Seriously you are delusional. We went from 68th to 10th in penalty yards since last year and you have the audacity to actually make the statement "penalties are down".

I think its great you support the coaches but you can't make stuff up because you want it to be true. The fact is we had over 140 more penalty yards this year. So in comparing to last year we are worse. The penalties may have gone down from August to November but they did last year as well from 6.4 to 4.5 per game. Bottom line this team had more penalties for more yards this year then last year or 2013

Its true, check it out! penaltys declined over the course of the season.. REALLY! Nobody cares about last year but you.

I think its great you support the coaches but you can't make stuff up because you want it to be true. The fact is we had over 140 more penalty yards this year. So in comparing to last year we are worse. The penalties may have gone down from August to November but they did last year as well from 6.4 to 4.5 per game. Bottom line this team had more penalties for more yards this year then last year or 2013

Its true, check it out! penaltys declined over the course of the season.. REALLY!
The 2015 football team had more penalties for more yards then they did in 2014 or 2013. Penalties are objectively worse in 2015. As far as declining from August to November, both the 2013 and 14 teams showed a decline during the season as well during that same time frame. Were you here extolling that improvement over the season last year?

This is the most penalized Nebraska team for the most yards in 3 years. No amount of delusional thinking changes that. REALLY!!! CHECK IT OUT

Oh and Oregon State went from 10th last year to 33 this year improving in yards penalized. Wonder what changed...

Its true, check it out! penaltys declined over the course of the season.. REALLY!
The 2015 football team had more penalties for more yards then they did in 2014 or 2013. Penalties are objectively worse in 2015. As far as declining from August to November, both the 2013 and 14 teams showed a decline during the season as well during that same time frame. Were you here extolling that improvement over the season last year?

This is the most penalized Nebraska team for the most yards in 3 years. No amount of delusional thinking changes that. REALLY!!! CHECK IT OUT

Oh and Oregon State went from 10th last year to 33 this year improving in yards penalized. Wonder what changed...

I like how you think this is a big deal.

I like how you think this is a big deal.
I like how you think going from 68th to 10th in penalty yards in one year constitutes improvement. The future is bright!!! Really!!

Riley is like the new wife who looks pretty and is nice to your friends and family, but at home she doesn't cook, clean, or has sex with you. After a year of that she says, don't worry, I will start cooking next year, but I still won't clean or have sex with you. Your previous wife was a raging bitch, but she at least cooked, cleaned, and occasionally would have sex with you. So, you still put up with the new wife wondering if her cooking will be any good, and dreaming of the days when she will clean the house and have sex with you.