Heavy heart today

ScottyIce

I would explain it but you are not smart enough to understand it.

More personal attacks. Nice. I guess that's not against board rules anymore.

You just want them to run a fullback trap 75 times a game and that is going to get our asses kicked.

Link to where I said that?

Hell I saw you bitching after our FIRST pass play that was intercepted due to TA's legally retarded decsion making when the run pass ratio was 6-1.

Your use of the R word is really telling.

When the truth is that TO was HORRIBLE in picking HC's.

Really? I'm not sure if simple math is your weakness or Husker history is, but his 2 choices won 70%+ of their games and put quite a few trophies in North Stadium.

The other 2, yeah they delivered the only 3 losing seasons since Bill Jennings.

But you are on to something. You make it apparent that some "fans" hate Dr. Tom and want to get as far away from him as possible. Those fans love Callahan, both V.1 and V.2.

The coaches are getting paid that to fix the weak minded culture that Bo's POS ass left us. It isn't easy nor fast to fix what he left us. Hopefully we get rid of the Bolievers that are left and move forward with those that care about wining games at NU.

Lol. That's a cute little diatribe. Apparently that whole winning games thingy got lost on this staff ( which was predictable).

Man, I thought that coaches were paid to teach the players, put to together a solid game plan, and call plays to put their players in position to succeed. Obviously this staff isn't getting paid for that.

If you want to watch a clown show, then watch Frank and Bo put us in the shitter that we are now.

Yeah, all those horrible winning seasons, or the horror.

These losing seasons brought by the Callahans are so much better.

Your avoidance of admitting your trolling of the board is telling. I could break down all of your points, but I am tired of proving you wrong yet again. It is boring me.

Considering you have never one time done that, I'll accept your surrender.

No surrender, you are just not worth the effort due to ignorance.

I pray we get lucky and make a bowl. Seniors deserve it.

Serious question. Not being a smart ass. Why do they deserve a bowl game? Because they've been here 4 years? Because why?

I hate to be hard on them but they haven't earned and don't deserve anything. A lot of that is on the coaches but a lot of it is on unmotivated play of the players. Sorry but I don't want to see this edition of the Huskers on the field again. We need to concentrate on getting a better version on the field next year. Much better.

And one of the ways to get a better version on the field next year is to have another month of practice time with those that we have that will be back next year. That is the answer...yes, we pretty much sucked for air this year, but the value of having extra practices is way more important than the bowl game itself...IMO.

It's earned if you are chosen to go. I don't know what other parameters you need, and you should remember this isn't 1975 anymore . . . there are many bowl games and many opportunities these days, because college football fans love bowl games.

It's earned if a team goes 6-6, otherwise it's akin to being crowned Miss America because the other 49 contestants died when the stage collapsed...and it is the city fathers and chambers of commerce that love bowl games that bring in fans. THAT is why every city with a stadium that seats over 500 clamors to have a bowl game.

But this is something you just made up. It isn't reality at all.

I will never stop supporting the Huskers, will love them til the die I die, but the reality is we are an average program and after 15 years of this it's hard to think differently. i just don't see us returning to the elite level. Makes me very sad.

And it all started when we allowed an outgoing coach and a gang of boosters to select the heir apparent coach.

He leads that nation in turnovers and has personally lost 5 of the 7 games (Purdue and Miami were not his fault) this year. If you want to try to say it was on the coaches then you are just lazy and ignorant.

Who keeps starting Armstrong, who never pulls him, who watches Armstrong throw off of his back foot all season and is okay with it, who calls passing plays for Armstrong when they (should, by now) know he's not capable of making good throws or good decisions? Here's a hint: They are all the same two people and neither one is 74husker.

So if you have a quarterback who can't or won't improve and the coaches can't or won't bench him or develop him or the guy behind him, who's at fault? Cripes, I think I could have taken Jamal Turner and turned him into a better quarterback by now than what we have in Armstrong...and if I couldn't, I wouldn't make him the showpiece of the offense.

Maybe you should stop with the name calling and insults and thinkjust a little deeper in your analysis Then you might come off a little better in your posts.

I don't think you have much familiarity with team dynamics. Do you understand that TA is a team captain? The atmosphere left behind after the stench of Bo & company was absolutely poisonous. Players transferred, conspired, and bitched. The best ones graduated, and the remaining recruits from that prior coaching staff lacked good QB's, running backs, receivers, etc., etc. Bo's recruiting--in terms of on the field success--was hideous. Solich did it, then Callahan came in and tried to fix it. He was fired before he could even use a lot of his own recruits, but Pelini got to use them and benefited . . . until they were gone. That's where we are, now.

Trust me, if there were any viable alternatives to using TA this season, it would have happened. As it was, staff had to just grit their teeth and deal with him. TA obviously has several issues to work out before he can be a successful QB. He has the physical traits, but the emotional and intellectual ones are the challenges.

This is a quality coach, an intelligent coach, a classy coach, and so is his staff. Please allow them to succeed.

• Fire 3

Can any of the mods explain why AFHusker is repeatedly allowed to call our QB and other posters retards?

Tattle tail

Nah. Not like I reported him or want him banned. I just think its a sh**ty thing to say. I dont mind calling guys out for bad play. Tommy is an awful QB. I just think calling him "legally retarded" is probably a little out of bounds.

I do too. I work with mentally challenged individuals and hate the 'R' word. Please think of some other way to express yourself. Thanks.

Living in this state with these people the Hawkeyes being 12n0 is the absolute worst which is where some people might be coming from but I'm with 74 were I don't feel like they've earned any type of bowl game and why would you want to go why would you want to go to the pity party bowl it makes no sense when you earned that spot that's when you get to go and they have earned nothing this team has done nothing but disappoint the entire year just let it be

Look, I'm not proposing we turn down a bowl invite. If they get in on some technicality as a 5-7 team then yes they should and will play so that they can have the extra practices.

What I am saying is; 1- I don't want to watch them play like this again this season. Most of that has to do with Tommy and he will not get replaced if they do get a bowl game. 2- I have serious doubts how much good more practice time with this staff will do. I started the season with high hopes for Riley but everything I've seen tells me any more coaching from Langsdorf or Banker will only retard progress and if Riley can't or fails to replace them then he is part of the problem and not the solution.

More practices don't fix the 4th and 1 play call. More practices are not going to fix Tommy. More practices are not going to make this defense viable against the pass. It might just be time to lick wounds and reevaluate. Another embarrassing display of football ineptitude isn't likely to improve things IMO. If you want things to improve for this team there are numerous places to start that don't involve a mere 15 more practices.

I would explain it but you are not smart enough to understand it.

More personal attacks. Nice. I guess that's not against board rules anymore.

You just want them to run a fullback trap 75 times a game and that is going to get our asses kicked.

Link to where I said that?

Hell I saw you bitching after our FIRST pass play that was intercepted due to TA's legally retarded decsion making when the run pass ratio was 6-1.

Your use of the R word is really telling.

When the truth is that TO was HORRIBLE in picking HC's.

Really? I'm not sure if simple math is your weakness or Husker history is, but his 2 choices won 70%+ of their games and put quite a few trophies in North Stadium.

The other 2, yeah they delivered the only 3 losing seasons since Bill Jennings.

But you are on to something. You make it apparent that some "fans" hate Dr. Tom and want to get as far away from him as possible. Those fans love Callahan, both V.1 and V.2.

The coaches are getting paid that to fix the weak minded culture that Bo's POS ass left us. It isn't easy nor fast to fix what he left us. Hopefully we get rid of the Bolievers that are left and move forward with those that care about wining games at NU.

Lol. That's a cute little diatribe. Apparently that whole winning games thingy got lost on this staff ( which was predictable).

Man, I thought that coaches were paid to teach the players, put to together a solid game plan, and call plays to put their players in position to succeed. Obviously this staff isn't getting paid for that.

If you want to watch a clown show, then watch Frank and Bo put us in the shitter that we are now.

Yeah, all those horrible winning seasons, or the horror.

These losing seasons brought by the Callahans are so much better.

Your avoidance of admitting your trolling of the board is telling. I could break down all of your points, but I am tired of proving you wrong yet again. It is boring me.

Considering you have never one time done that, I'll accept your surrender.

No surrender, you are just not worth the effort due to ignorance.

Domination is my game.

Remind me again, who said that this was a horrible hire a year ago?

Serious question. Not being a smart ass. Why do they deserve a bowl game? Because they've been here 4 years? Because why?

I hate to be hard on them but they haven't earned and don't deserve anything. A lot of that is on the coaches but a lot of it is on unmotivated play of the players. Sorry but I don't want to see this edition of the Huskers on the field again. We need to concentrate on getting a better version on the field next year. Much better.

So many people on HB laughed and scoffed when, in seasons past, a 5-7 team made it to a bowl game. Some were pissed. Now that WE are the 5-7 team, it's a great idea to go to a bowl game. My vote is no. We didn't earn it.
Everyone needs to get past whether it is earned or not, what really matters is what is best for the team to make 2016 better. Reality is that going to a bowl game allows the team 15 additional practices, which is the same a Spring Ball. That is huge, so get over the other aspects and get on board for a 5-7 team going to a bowl game.

No. If an entire spring/summer practice and football season couldn't get this offense working, then 15 extra practices won't either

So many people on HB laughed and scoffed when, in seasons past, a 5-7 team made it to a bowl game. Some were pissed. Now that WE are the 5-7 team, it's a great idea to go to a bowl game. My vote is no. We didn't earn it.
Everyone needs to get past whether it is earned or not, what really matters is what is best for the team to make 2016 better. Reality is that going to a bowl game allows the team 15 additional practices, which is the same a Spring Ball. That is huge, so get over the other aspects and get on board for a 5-7 team going to a bowl game.

No. If an entire spring/summer practice and football season couldn't get this offense working, then 15 extra practices won't either
Not sure comparing the first Spring Ball and Fall Ball sessions in which a complete system overhaul and install was going on to a practice set in which the team can practice and improve without having to also do a full install is a fair comparison. If you don't don't see the value of what is essentially an extra Spring Ball session in which the team can work on getting better at their jobs without having game prep to worry about and also get the youngsters extra time to get reps and be further ahead in their development come Spring Ball, the I guess we will have to agree to disagree.