Iowa 0-8 on third down.

Sea of Red

It was pretty neat that we were (at least fairly) competitive with the #4 team in the nation. Imagine if we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot over and over.

Going to have to hurl over the fact that this 12-0, #4 team was Iowa, though...

I have to disagree that we were "competitive" with Iowa. NU never led at any point in the game, and was down 2 scores for most of the 2nd half. Iowa didn't do much on offense because they really didn't need to.

I'm sure that's exactly why they didn't do any more on offense. Definitely because they didn't think they needed to... I mean what's the point of converting a 3rd down? For heaven's sake, give the defense some credit. Holding any team to 0-8 on 3rd down is pretty stinkin' good.

It was pretty neat that we were (at least fairly) competitive with the #4 team in the nation. Imagine if we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot over and over.

Going to have to hurl over the fact that this 12-0, #4 team was Iowa, though...

I have to disagree that we were "competitive" with Iowa. NU never led at any point in the game, and was down 2 scores for most of the 2nd half. Iowa didn't do much on offense because they really didn't need to.

I'm sure that's exactly why they didn't do any more on offense. Definitely because they didn't think they needed to... I mean what's the point of converting a 3rd down? For heaven's sake, give the defense some credit. Holding any team to 0-8 on 3rd down is pretty stinkin' good.
I do give the defense credit, for most of the game the D played very well. My comment was more about Iowa getting up by 11 and then was content being super conservative, playing field position, and not taking chances. That's what smart teams do.

It was a solid defensive performance but this was also classic Ferentz playing not to lose. They weren't putting it down field, challenging our struggling pass defense and loosening things up. They also didn't mix Beathard into the running game. They went into pure clock-kill mode with over 11 minutes left in the game. Yes our defense has improved but Iowa also made themselves easier to stop. If we didn't blow our leg off on O this would have been one of those games that have driven Iowa fans nuts for years.

The D showed up minus two plays, Tommy didn't show up minus a handful of plays. Langsdorf did his usual head scratching thing..

The two plays happened because Gerry was tossed out and a freshman made freshman mistakes. Langsdorf called a great game. We out yarded them by 200 yds.

• Fire 1

The D showed up minus two plays, Tommy didn't show up minus a handful of plays. Langsdorf did his usual head scratching thing..

The two plays happened because Gerry was tossed out and a freshman made freshman mistakes. Langsdorf called a great game. We out yarded them by 200 yds.
Do they give victories based on yards? Keep telling yourself these coaches are great.

Do they give victories based on yards? Keep telling yourself these coaches are great.

There was not a coach on the sidelines that threw 4 INT's, but if you know of one, please name him?

There was not a coach on the sidelines that threw 4 INT's, but if you know of one, please name him?
How do you power the Excuse Train for these coaches? Is it coal, electricity, or some type of hybrid?

So...just to get this cleared up...the coaches not never at fault for turnovers, correct?

So...just to get this cleared up...the coaches not never at fault for turnovers, correct?
They also aren't at fault for penalties, including multiple personal fouls.