Chatelain: Huskers stuck in the 90's

If there is a program we "want to be" it would be Ohio State or Alabama, someone with a sustained run. If Iowa puts together 2 more seasons when they're in the playoff discussion in November, then maybe. And expecting your team to do well with the resources they have is not stuck in any other time but the present. Dirk started to look like he wanted to stop being a hack, but I guess we always regress to the mean.

If you think using Eric Crouch trucking an Iowa DB is evidence of "being stuck in the 90s" then I have a bridge to sell you.

I get that people are pissed that we lost a bunch of games this year, but let's recognize the pandering for what it is.

"Now Iowa is the hammer." Are you kidding me? They played a weak-ass schedule and beat Nebraska only - ONLY - because Tommy gifted them with four interceptions.

You people absolutely do not remember what Nebraska was in the 1990s if you think this Iowa team is "the Hammer."

The point I took away is the fact that NU has a dusty trophy case since the 90's yet, us husker fans alike scream and shout how great our program is...when teams like Iowa are achieving what we think we are.

Iowa's weak ass schedule....pfft. Weak cuz of why? Playing in the same division as Nebraska?

They are 12-0, and if the roles were reversed, everyone on here would be SCREAMING about how it's so tough in this day and age to go unbeaten blah blah blah....

No we wouldn't. 2001 is case in point. We're a smart enough fan base to know when we're not the real deal and don't belong. Iowa is going to get rolled, either in Indy or if they make it to the playoffs. We just as easily could have gone undefeated this year with a weak ass schedule, oddly we were close to doing it...
How exactly is 5-7 "close to undefeated"?
This shouldn't need explaining. 4 games tied or leading with 11 seconds left in the game. Gifted a game to Iowa. 6 games a combined 28 points. The only gane we weren't in was Turdue.
See, I take the close losses as the trend, and the Michigan State win as the aberration. There were more close losses than close wins. For anyone to say that NU was close to being undefeated needs their head examined.

If you think using Eric Crouch trucking an Iowa DB is evidence of "being stuck in the 90s" then I have a bridge to sell you.

I get that people are pissed that we lost a bunch of games this year, but let's recognize the pandering for what it is.

"Now Iowa is the hammer." Are you kidding me? They played a weak-ass schedule and beat Nebraska only - ONLY - because Tommy gifted them with four interceptions.

You people absolutely do not remember what Nebraska was in the 1990s if you think this Iowa team is "the Hammer."

The point I took away is the fact that NU has a dusty trophy case since the 90's yet, us husker fans alike scream and shout how great our program is...when teams like Iowa are achieving what we think we are.

Iowa's weak ass schedule....pfft. Weak cuz of why? Playing in the same division as Nebraska?

They are 12-0, and if the roles were reversed, everyone on here would be SCREAMING about how it's so tough in this day and age to go unbeaten blah blah blah....

No we wouldn't. 2001 is case in point. We're a smart enough fan base to know when we're not the real deal and don't belong. Iowa is going to get rolled, either in Indy or if they make it to the playoffs. We just as easily could have gone undefeated this year with a weak ass schedule, oddly we were close to doing it...
This shouldn't need explaining. 4 games tied or leading with 11 seconds left in the game. Gifted a game to Iowa. 6 games a combined 28 points. The only gane we weren't in was Turdue.

In the game 'til the end versus Illinois.

#progress

See, I take the close losses as the trend, and the Michigan State win as the aberration. There were more close losses than close wins. For anyone to say that NU was close to being undefeated needs their head examined.
See, you missed the forest for the trees. Next time grasp the core concept and don't look for an argument.

In the game 'til the end versus Illinois.

#progress

You too.
  • Fire 1

Yes we would. This board is a walking double standard and a great example of why most people can't stand our fanbase.

• Fire 1

Anytime a team has 7 losses, they're not close to being undefeated. It's that simple.

Yes, NU was close to having a few more wins, but that's about it.

NU got blown out by Purdue and never led against Iowa.

Reading comprehension learn it. Core concept Lana!!!
  • Fire 2

Yes we would. This board is a walking double standard and a great example of why most people can't stand our fanbase.
This board is not representative of the fan base in it's entirety. Like anything those who speak the loudest are often the ones who are heard, but that doesn't mean they speak for the majority. Give me a tangible example of why I'm wrong. I just gave you one in my previous post.
  • Fire 1

Anytime a team has 7 losses, they're not close to being undefeated. It's that simple.

Yes, NU was close to having a few more wins, but that's about it.

NU got blown out by Purdue and never led against Iowa.

Reading comprehension learn it. Core concept Lana!!!
Lana?
Archer-Danger-Zone.jpg
  • Fire 1

I don't think we are stuck in the 90's. I think we are stuck in the mid 2000's. It's been so long since we saw a truly successful season we are beginning to do stupid sh#t like saying how we were almost undefeated when we finished 5-7.

That said we are seeing some progress. It's hard to tell how much will cary over year to year though, this system is either fail or succeed with little middle ground.