Things we were told when Riley was hired...

teachercd

We don't have an asshat of a HC whose only response to anything is to throw a tantrum. I'm not saying Mike Riley is the best guy for the job, but he's a better guy for the job.

I agree that Bo was poison, but his is no better, I want to know where can I get a $3 million per year job for showing up, stinking at my job, and smiling. What a life!

After witnessing a full season, I think Riley will have success here if he gets the right QB. To be honest, I like the product on the field, and I think it's more of needing a few key players here and there, not a complete staff overhaul. I'd like to see a couple position coaches changed, that's all.

Really? Did you see the same fourth down plays I did in the 4th quarter of the Iowa game? Because no amount of position coach changes are going to fix THAT stupidity. You must have really drunk the koolaid to even think that.

Truth

The only thing I can see we got was the no blowout(s), though we shouldn't have let Purdue hang 55 on us. I wouldn't say recruiting has improved, maybe is about the same. WE DID receive a few things we shouldn't have, namely, losses to ILL and Purdue.

The only thing we've really gotten with this staff is fewer(no) national headlines re: BO blowing up on the sideline. Otherwise, I don't see this coaching staff as a particular improvment over the last staff.

The only thing I can see we got was the no blowout(s), though we shouldn't have let Purdue hang 55 on us. I wouldn't say recruiting has improved, maybe is about the same. WE DID receive a few things we shouldn't have, namely, losses to ILL and Purdue.

The only thing we've really gotten with this staff is fewer national headlines re: BO blowing up on the sideline. Otherwise, I don't see this coaching staff as a particular improvment over the last staff.

Amen!

Oh...I guess we also got one less game.

The only thing we've really gotten with this staff is fewer national headlines re: BO blowing up on the sideline. Otherwise, I don't see this coaching staff as a particular improvment over the last staff.

Amen!

Oh...I guess we also got one less game.

Sadly... Most likely no bowl, that hurts.

This thread should be locked. It's the same ol sh#t, different day. Nothing going to sway either group's minds. It's just mindless arguing at this point...

But here is my reasoning:

Bo is gone. He isn't coming back. You can disagree with the hire all you want, but you have zero control over those decisions. I'm a husker fan and a husker supporter. I am skeptical of the Mike Riley hire, but any person in this position deserves time. No one was going to come into this program and during year zero, turn it it into a top 5 football team.

If 4 years from now, Mike Riley is still producing 6 loss seasons, he will be gone. And we can argue about why the next coach was a foolish hire.

If 4 years from now, HE is still producing 6 loss seasons, NU will be beyond irrelevant and will never return.

Despite how numb I am about the entire situation, it still shocks me that anyone thinks MR will become a consistent winner. At what point does history finally predict the future for some people? Next year we can hope to be .500.

I am with you. MR is over 60 years old and will not change. The sellout streak is in danger. We can only hope the new chancellor cleans house.

Despite how numb I am about the entire situation, it still shocks me that anyone thinks MR will become a consistent winner. At what point does history finally predict the future for some people? Next year we can hope to be .500.

plus 1 for you, sir.

• Fire 1

1000 years combined experience.

'It's 4th and 1...golly, should we throw the fade?'......there's that.

Probably the worst play call/decision I've seen in 50+ years of FB watching. Still can't believe it.

Tommy chose to make that pass. He had options and he chose the worst one. There was a guy wide open to his left in the flats beyond he sticks. Gee golly, perhaps you'd be a dumber coach than the guy you're criticizing...moron.

Probably the worst play call/decision I've seen in 50+ years of FB watching. Still can't believe it.

Tommy chose to make that pass. He had options and he chose the worst one. There was a guy wide open to his left in the flats beyond he sticks. Gee golly, perhaps you'd be a dumber coach than the guy you're criticizing...moron.

Yeah, wasn't much in the way of choice, since he thru it up for grabs as fast as the ball touched his hands. Too bad for Carter.

I'd call a running play, quite frankly, you know, since we had ~1/2 yd to get the 1st. But hey, give TA another chance to throw a pick or make a bonehead read....

I'd call a running play, quite frankly, you know, since we had ~1/2 yd to get the 1st. But hey, give TA another chance to throw a pick or make a bonehead read....
Would have been a nice time to give it to Janovich on senior day...