Should the Huskers - at 5-7 - Accept a Bowl Invite

ladyhawke

Bowl Game at 5-7?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it'll be crazy to play Air Force. One of the coaches I was hopeful for when we fired Bo.

For anyone interested in watching some Air Force, they are on ESPNU tonight at 9:15 CST. Playing New Mexico.

A little note before anyone goes and watched. Remember the recruiting restrictions and practice time restrictions Air Force has to deal with and then make judgement of what you see. Air Force consistently wins under his watch. With the exception of one HORRIBLE year.

I know it's hard to buy in but Air Force has less resources than Oregon State. (Not that argument again)

I think it'll be crazy to play Air Force. One of the coaches I was hopeful for when we fired Bo.

For anyone interested in watching some Air Force, they are on ESPNU tonight at 9:15 CST. Playing New Mexico.

A little note before anyone goes and watched. Remember the recruiting restrictions and practice time restrictions Air Force has to deal with and then make judgement of what you see. Air Force consistently wins under his watch. With the exception of one HORRIBLE year.

I know it's hard to buy in but Air Force has less resources than Oregon State. (Not that argument again)

What's really frustrating is he was probably interested, but we never contacted him...

I voted yes, and I said I would go to a bowl, if it was nearby. It does not appear likely that the Huskers will be playing in Florida somewhere that I can get to easily, but I will watch on TV. I've been the Florida bowl games under the previous coach, who I think we;re not allowed to mention here anymore.

But, I don't like the idea of any 5-7 teams going to bowls. I guess I'm a traditionalist, and I always go back to the 1982 season and the bowl schedule:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982%E2%80%9383_NCAA_football_bowl_games

Alabama had the worst record of those bowl teams at 7-4, they had lost their last three, but it was Bear Bryant's last game so they went. Notre Dame was 6-4-1 and did not go to a bowl game, after losing their last three. Wow, what a difference having NBC on your side makes

• Fire 1

Glad to see they separated these two threads again! My hubby says we should definitely go to a bowl game if invited as we need all the extra practice we can get but I voted no because for me it's a point of honor to get invited to a bowl game-to earn it. While I admit if we won the bowl game it would be a nice way to end the season what would it be like if we lose? Long cold depressing off season.

Glad to see they separated these two threads again! My hubby says we should definitely go to a bowl game if invited as we need all the extra practice we can get but I voted no because for me it's a point of honor to get invited to a bowl game-to earn it. While I admit if we won the bowl game it would be a nice way to end the season what would it be like if we lose? Long cold depressing off season.