Should the Huskers - at 5-7 - Accept a Bowl Invite

ladyhawke

Bowl Game at 5-7?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Those of you saying no, please tell me how that benefits this team in any way, shape or form...

More time for the players to devote to classes and studies, more time for staff to recruit, less opportunities for players knowing that they are going nowhere in a nowhere game to get into trouble.

Do I want to see my beloved Huskers play again. Of course. However, I don't trust these clown coaches to be able to prepare for another game and I am afraid we will end up 5-8, which will ruin Christmas and New Year's. I do not want to see Riley chewing gum pretending that everything is OK when his coaches are doing a piss poor job of play calling. While I appreciate his calm demeanor, it is coming off as a complete lack of inevestment in the outcome of the game. I just want Sean Eichorst and this coaching staff on a bus getting out of Lincoln and letting us heal and try and get some real football coaches.

Definitely not.. The team probably needs another 3 weeks of practice and recruiting always assisted by a bowl appearance, however, a bowl appearance is a reward for a good season. This team did not have a good season and undeserving of a bowl appearance.

There will be many that disagree with me and that is OK.

It may be a generation issue. I talked with several long term season ticket holders/ donors after the game last night and all have said we should not accept a bowl invitation.

Younger fans that did not experience the Huskers in the era from 1970 to 1997 probably do not agree

So many here are self-righteous ego maniacs. The whole landscape of college football has changed. There is a playoff now, and more bowls which bring in money to communities that support them. The bowls take the best teams, and if that team is 5-7, instead of 6-6 who cares? Take the bowl, it's a no-brainer. The team worked hard, the seniors put their time in, and their effort deserves the reward.

• Fire 1

Sigh

Anyone who said no needs to put the video games away, and turn thrir man card for not knowing jack sh#t about football. My god. Go away.

It's very amusing to me how aggressive people who say yes are being....It's a thread asking for peoples opinion, if you can't handle differing opinions then get off the internet.

• Fire 1

Sigh

Anyone who said no needs to put the video games away, and turn thrir man card for not knowing jack sh#t about football. My god. Go away.

It's very amusing to me how aggressive people who say yes are being....It's a thread asking for peoples opinion, if you can't handle differing opinions then get off the internet.

I think a big part of it is whether this is actually a debatable topic. To hold going to a bowl over the team as if it's some carrot on a stick. Then, when they actually get invited to a bowl, regardless of record, not accept the invite. It really doesn't make any sense.