Johnny Stanton

Well you take an Elite 11 QB, get him to campus, have his coach fired, new guy recruited him, new guy says "You are #5 behind a walk on with a low ceiling and a guy who can't physically play".

What the hell would his motivation be? That said I don't think it was motivation holding him back. In the spring game, I personally thought he played better than Bush or Fyfe that day. I think had he gotten some meaningful reps with the 1st team he could have actually showed his capabilities.

I'm sure that Johnny had nothing to do about being QB5 "behind a walk on with a low ceiling and a guy who can't physically play". All the blame should be put on 2 different sets coaching staffs that saw him in the same light.

• Fire 3

I wish that guy nothing but the best.

He handled things with class here at NU. Many wanted him to be the guy, but just dont think it was the right fit.

I hope he goes somewhere and dominates. The kid has a great head on his shoulders.

YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN! :lol:

chivers-show-off-their-school-pride-for-

• Fire 3

Stanton had a wide open opportunity in the 2014 offseason and was roundly expected to be in a fierce 2-man competition for the starting job. To say he didn't grab the reins then would be ... well, a massive understatement.

Maybe he did. With these coaches as far as the depth chart and who sees the field you practically never know who should truly be playing half the time. It doesn't shock me at all that he's doing well even if it is at the juco level. Now he's got an offer from UNLV. He probably just needed reps which we all know he didn't get with these coaches and confidence which would be hard to come by if you suddenly find yourself 5th on someone's (questionable) depth chart.

• Fire 1

Two coaching staffs that both recruited him didn't see him as a viable option once they saw him in practice.

Now, if it's the coach's fault, I would think most of the damage was done by the staff that had him the longest.

I fail to see how "these coaches" (meaning our current staff) can be ridiculed for how they handled him when he literally had what amounted to 15 practices with them in the Spring.

I wish him all the best in the world and I hope he has great success and a wonderful life. Sorry it didn't work out here. I was excited when he came in.

• Fire 3

Two coaching staffs that both recruited him didn't see him as a viable option once they saw him in practice.

Now, if it's the coach's fault, I would think most of the damage was done by the staff that had him the longest.

I fail to see how "these coaches" (meaning our current staff) can be ridiculed for how they handled him when he literally had what amounted to 15 practices with them in the Spring.

I wish him all the best in the world and I hope he has great success and a wonderful life. Sorry it didn't work out here. I was excited when he came in.

One staff played him as a redshirt freshman. Another staff wasn't going to have him on the 105 man fall roster. I don't think those two are analogous.

• Fire 2

Tommy just led the country in interceptions right?

And our backup threw 4 picks in a losing effort to Purdue right?

And his backup is one concussion from never waking up again right?

But yes, Johnny Stanton clearly couldn't have developed over this season into a contributor in some form or fashion even if that role was simy pushing Tommy to be better.

• Fire 2

Johnny Stanton's Saddleback College team won the Southern California Championship Saturday night. Stanton threw for 397 yards and 4 touchdowns. He also rushed for 90 yards. Saddleback College will face San Francisco Community College for the State Championship on December 12th. San Francisco is currently the # 1 ranked JC in the nation. Saddleback has moved up to # 3 ranked JC in the nation.

Stanton and Saddleback College got off to a slow start in their first two games but are now on a 10 game win streak. Once Stanton got his confidence back and shook off the rust of sitting the bench for two years he has been unstoppable. The Saddleback coaching staff has a history of restoring confidence in bounce back players. Several Saddleback players have moved on D1 schools and the NFL over the years. Saddleback has won three JC national championships. Stanton has received two more offers from Cal Bears and San Diego State.

• Fire 7

One staff played him as a redshirt freshman. Another staff wasn't going to have him on the 105 man fall roster. I don't think those two are analogous.

I'm sorry, I don't understand this level of scrutiny for Riley.

Stanton had two years under the coaches who recruited him here and was buried on the depth chart. He saw garbage time action in two games and completed one pass. He was going nowhere fast at Nebraska, and had he stayed, that would have most likely continued. Deciding it wasn't working quickly seems to have been the best thing for both sides.

• Fire 4

Johnny Stanton's Saddleback College team won the Southern California Championship Saturday night. Stanton threw for 397 yards and 4 touchdowns. He also rushed for 90 yards. Saddleback College will face San Francisco Community College for the State Championship on December 12th. San Francisco is currently the # 1 ranked JC in the nation. Saddleback has moved up to # 3 ranked JC in the nation.

Stanton and Saddleback College got off to a slow start in their first two games but are now on a 10 game win streak. Once Stanton got his confidence back and shook off the rust of sitting the bench for two years he has been unstoppable. The Saddleback coaching staff has a history of restoring confidence in bounce back players. Several Saddleback players have moved on D1 schools and the NFL over the years. Saddleback has won three JC national championships. Stanton has received two more offers from Cal Bears and San Diego State.

This depends on which site you go through. If you look at JCGridiron.com, this is true. If you look at the NJCAA ( National Junior College Athletic Association ) rankings, neither team is ranked in the top 20.

Saddleback and the rest of the California Jucos don't play a national schedule. They play teams within the state and that is it.

• Mavric changed the title to Johnny Stanton