Reading this make me....

Scratchtown

The guy also managed to get a 3rd string QB to 3-0. The B1G championship, the first playoff game and the MNC.....

Ha ha! Yeah, Cardale Jones was just your run of the mill third stringer. /sarcasm

I doubt if there has been another college football team with a better 3rd team QB in the last twenty years.

Look at him this year...... Just sayin

Under the tutelage of Tim Beck, Ohio State's quarterbacks seemed to have taken a couple of steps backward

I agree power't. Herman is a rising star with a vision on offense that is a modern version of what we used to do around these neck of the woods. Urban saw that and jumped all over it and rode it to a national championship. Hope i.am wrong but if the MR experiment works we will be back to 9 or 10 wins again

Not elite

I'm not sure why this is in the Nebraska football forum.

One thing I ask myself before making a topic: would it make sense to have a bunch of other topics just like it? E.g. should we have a new topic in the Nebraska football forum on every potential good coach that we want to come to Nebraska? The answer is no.

• Fire 1

The guy also managed to get a 3rd string QB to 3-0. The B1G championship, the first playoff game and the MNC.....

Ha ha! Yeah, Cardale Jones was just your run of the mill third stringer. /sarcasm

I doubt if there has been another college football team with a better 3rd team QB in the last twenty years.

Look at Cardale now, he wasn't even close to the same guy this year, and that, my friend is on Tim Beck.

I'm not sure why this is in the Nebraska football forum.

One thing I ask myself before making a topic: would it make sense to have a bunch of other topics just like it? E.g. should we have a new topic in the Nebraska football forum on every potential good coach that we want to come to Nebraska? The answer is no.

Doesn't get seen other wise. So that's why I chose what I did. I wanted people to see it and talk about it. So I couldn't care less what you think about my posting matters. No one said you have to read it. By the time it gets moved I'll have enough discussion to have gotten what I wanted out of it anyway.

Smoked by 6-6 UConn

Did Greg Ward Jr. play in that game? Or do you even know who that is.

Someone else said that Houston always has talent....What? They were 8-5 last year. They are 11-1 this year, should be 12-0 if GWjr plays in the UCONN game.

Houston's back up QB is worse than Beau Davis.

Also if this is your justification for not hiring him I'm sure Eichorst would love to have you in his office.

If only we had Scott Frost, he'd be the best head coach ever.

Remember, he is a Pac 12 guy, just like Riley

Except Frosty believes in a strong running game.

Since Frost joined Oregon in 2009 they have been

2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 5th, 12th, and 2nd in the nation out of all POWER 5 schools in RUSHING.

• Fire 1

Tom Herman built his staff from the ground up. Brought in guys who shared his vision and mentality.

Read this to get really sick. This guy gets it. Too many quotes to post, but I will leave this one....

The offense is geared around inside zone and power-O, run schemes that look to get downhill and plunge the ball through the A and B gaps. Herman will sprinkle in play action and run/pass options to punish defensive tactics for sneaking run defenders into the box. Herman looks to do less with more, emphasizing execution and mixing concepts in different formations to give his QB answers.

And we'll we got .500.......

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/9/16/9329945/tom-herman-houston-cougars-football-offense-defense

How did Houston get Herman and we get Mr. average?

Cardele Jones had a higher completion percentage and more TDs this year.

He was asked to do more this year, and still performed fairly well overall.

Beck has two different QBs completing 60+ percent of their passes. They have a combined stat line of 62%, 18 TDs, 8 Int and 141.8 rating.

That's not as bad as some seem to want to claim.