Scott Frost to UCF

You never know if a guy will do the job until he does. Not a bad starting job, good recruiting area, relatively low expectations.

Some Oregon fans are happy to see him go, but I don't put much stock in that. Seems so many fans hate their play caller these days. Everyone seems to think they can do a better job. So many things go into play calling, it's really easy to second guess. It's interesting how often we see play callers change these days, too. Doesn't seem like anyone has enough success in the eyes of some.

I think Frost does well. He already acts like a head coach, speaks like a head coach. I wonder how he'll handle the increased media responsibilities. He can be a bit short there, to be honest. Can't blame him, some of those questions are ridiculously stupid, but that's a part of his job now.

OK fine. Zac Taylor. Any other easy questions? ha

Frost as HC. Taylor as OC and coach-in-waiting? :lol:

After that, Patrick O'Brien. We've already given him the starting QB job, might as well give him HC down the line as well.
I think we're on to something here.

FIFY :blink:

Good move by Frost. I'm sure there are a lot of things a first time head coach learns by making mistakes. Rather it be at UCF.

As opposed to a 62 yr old coach making same mistakes in his twilight years at DONU.
How many times have i read "I'd rather watch POB or another frosh makes mistakes than watch a senior (TA) make them"

Makes me wonder why the same logic wouldn't apply

Excellent point.

Serious question here. If he didn't grow up or play for NEB would anyone seriously want to hire him for the NEB job?? I guess the real question is would half of you even know who he was if he was just the Oregon OC

Yes, because he bailed on NU and went to Stanford. Treasonous act and all that...

Seems like perfect timing here. 2 years at UCF we dump Riley in 2 and he's a seasoned head coach for us.

With some Florida recruiting under his belt as well

As I understand it, he's got this anyway. He's been responsible for Oregon's recruiting efforts in Florida for a while, which was a factor in him getting the UCF opportunity.

You never know if a guy will do the job until he does. Not a bad starting job, good recruiting area, relatively low expectations.

Some Oregon fans are happy to see him go, but I don't put much stock in that. Seems so many fans hate their play caller these days. Everyone seems to think they can do a better job. So many things go into play calling, it's really easy to second guess. It's interesting how often we see play callers change these days, too. Doesn't seem like anyone has enough success in the eyes of some.

I think Frost does well. He already acts like a head coach, speaks like a head coach. I wonder how he'll handle the increased media responsibilities. He can be a bit short there, to be honest. Can't blame him, some of those questions are ridiculously stupid, but that's a part of his job now.

Your second paragraph is spot on.

And it's annoying as hell.

OK fine. Zac Taylor. Any other easy questions? ha

Frost as HC. Taylor as OC and coach-in-waiting? :lol:

After that, Patrick O'Brien. We've already given him the starting QB job, might as well give him HC down the line as well.
I think we're on to something here.

FIFY :blink:

Good move by Frost. I'm sure there are a lot of things a first time head coach learns by making mistakes. Rather it be at UCF.

As opposed to a 62 yr old coach making same mistakes in his twilight years at DONU.
How many times have i read "I'd rather watch POB or another frosh makes mistakes than watch a senior (TA) make them"

Makes me wonder why the same logic wouldn't apply

Excellent point.

Because everyone loves the back-up quarterback, and the same mentality applies here with coaches. It's irrational bantering among fans that usually has little to no logical foundation to support it other than 'hey, let's give them a shot!'

Well, we gave one young guy a shot, and whether you agree with his firing or not, his mistakes cost him his job.

And that doesn't even begin to get into the countless reasons why hiring a head coach is vastly, monumentally and unequivocally more impactful on your program than who your quarterback is.

• Fire 1