Nebraska Wide Receiver Brandon Reilly Leaves No Tip for Waiter Who Bashes the Cornhuskers Football Team

GSG

Aside for our taste in movies I don't think we will see eye to eye, but that made me laugh.

IF I had a dollar for every time my brother told me, "STFU, Donny!" I could leave a tip, pay Mike Riley his bowl bonus, and finish off Pelini's contract...plus take you out to some place nice to eat.

But all I ever got was just the "STFU, Donny!"... :(...and my name isn't even Donny... :unsure:

• Fire 1

Do you get rewarded when you f#*k up at your job?

Well, isn't Reilly getting to go to a bowl game after going 5-7?

If he held himself to the same standards as the server, he would stay home, right?

Don't do it well, don't get a tip trip. Pretty[/size] [/size]simple.[/size]

Here, now your statement covers Reilly as well.

Oh sweet Jesus this place kills me

Trollfin on a roll lately

It is interesting as a comparison...

In a month Riley will get a huge tip for a bowl game (that he gets on a technicality) and he will get another year added to his contract for results that no one would consider to be anything other than crappy.

Do you feel that every single thread and post on this board presents you with an opportunity to let us know how displeased you are with Mike Riley? We understand that you are pissed off with the results of our team this year. We understand it from the hundreds of posts and status entries you've made over the past three months. As a general rule we don't censor content as it pertains to personal opinions. OTOH, we don't condone posters flitting into every thread on the board with the exact same comments they've made in dozens of other threads. Perhaps you should give it a rest in the threads that have nothing to do with Mike Riley or the losses we've suffered through this season. There are plenty of other threads where your comments will fit right in.

Teach, nobody is saying that you have to be satisfied with Mike Riley or the mediocre performance we went through this year. None of us are satisfied. But please, PLEASE, quit crapping on every thread you post in.

Carry on.

I don't know how you don't see the comparison...

Back to topic..

To be fair, we don't really know what was said or done at the restaurant. We only have one side. The side that decided to gloat on social media. For all we know, "bashing the team" could have been a completely innocuous, offhand comment. One that any of us on this board could have made. Who knows?

My question is why didn't BR just tell the guy off directly, rather than doing it in a passive-aggressive way. Seems a little weak to me.

Although I could be assuming too much...

• Fire 1

I have not left a tip quite a few times. Also a few times I have left only a few cents.

Normally I will leave between 15% and 20% but if the service or food is particularly bad then it can get cut drastically. I don't care if that is how certain people make their living or not. It's not a guarantee or a right. If you do your job poorly, then that is the result.

As far as BR leaving no tip, good for him. As far as posting it on his twitter feed, :facepalm:

As far as Trey the server "bashing" the team, that's his prerogative. I'm not sure how or why BR posting that should shame him. I'd like to think maybe that BR and the players would have a little more pride in the product on the field and maybe not think this no tip thing was quite so cute.

• Fire 1

Anyone who has NEVER left a tip has never bartended or waited tables before. BR not tipping because what was said, not was brought to his table shows VERY thin skin. He coulda left $5 and said a flippant comment as he was walking out the door. Basically been the bigger person.

Anyone who has NEVER left a tip has never bartended or waited tables before. BR not tipping because what was said, not was brought to his table shows VERY thin skin. He coulda left $5 and said a flippant comment as he was walking out the door. Basically been the bigger person.

I want to understand this.

Why should a person leave a tip when the service is extremely poor?

Why, if the server offends you personally, should you leave that server any tip?

Bigger person my ass. If a person is dependent on tips for income then they sure as hell better strive to satisfy the customer. I'm not leaving a tip for crappy service. It doesn't come to that very often but when it does I don't feel bad in the least. Why does it matter if a person has bartended or waited tables? Do a passable job or don't collect the tip, pretty simple concept.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/nebraska-brandon-reilly-no-tip-waiter-bashed-cornhuskers-twitter-120115

Read the rest of the tweets by Reilly. He kind comes off a bit baby-ish afterwords. He wanted to make a big production out of it by posting it on social media, what did he think would happen. When the backlash started, he didn't like it, so he got defensive, and then deleted the tweet. Kind of along the lines of he figured everyone would agree with him, but when it went south he didn't like so he took his ball and went home.

And for the first guy who responded with "Did Bo teach you that?" No, probably not because Bo didn't really know what Twitter was, remember him saying that a few years ago.

I guess us old guys in our 40's understand that not every thought needs to be expressed verbally, on social media, or otherwise, and nor does every single event in my life need to be out there for anyone to see. I hope both sides learned a lesson from this.

• Fire 1

I want to understand this.

Why should a person leave a tip when the service is extremely poor?

Why, if the server offends you personally, should you leave that server any tip?

Bigger person my ass. If a person is dependent on tips for income then they sure as hell better strive to satisfy the customer. I'm not leaving a tip for crappy service. It doesn't come to that very often but when it does I don't feel bad in the least. Why does it matter if a person has bartended or waited tables? Do a passable job or don't collect the tip, pretty simple concept.

Maybe I missed it, but where did he say the service was poor? Iirc, he said he took exception to a comment made. Sounds kinda cheap and small to withhold a tip, IMO.

I am I: NEVER leaving a tip, yes, but I don't understand why sometimes not leaving a tip is such an issue. I don't always leave a tip and I have done the whole waitressing thing in my younger days. That's why I don't always leave a tip: people who provide crappy service give the rest of us a bad name. I won't reward them for that.

• Fire 2