Sam McKewon tells 93.7 The Ticket that Scott Frost wanted to be Nebraska's OC in 2010

knapplc

Didn't Beck try to emulate Oregon's offense the last couple years? Funny how Bo could've just got the guy himself...

No Beck's offense was mostly Nevada Pistol read option, but he junked the pass portion of it for KU's pass attack I think. Ultimately it was some bastard hybrid that never really worked.

Lol! After all these years, and now we finally have a name for it. I like this better than "multiple"

Beck was quoted as calling his offense "The Mutt" per LJS. Pretty much stole concepts from other teams while watching them on TV and put it in his playbook. I guess that erased any creativity bonus with Husker fans as well.

Nothing is truely creative and unique in football. Everyone pretty much steals a concept, play, scheme they like from someone they saw somewhere.

And that "going where the defense isn't", is a pretty common idea. The beloved TO even used it. Think shortside option. Most pass plays are trying to exploit this for crying out loud.

• Fire 1

I think if he ended up as Bo's OC, it's much more likely that he would've been fired along with the rest of the staff than promoted to head coach. He kinda dodged that fate by not being hired, and now he has a better chance of being here as head coach someday.

My thoughts as well. The way this had played out its is perfect if you are one of. Those that wants to see Frost back here as HC someday. Best case scenario, Riley figures out how to coach after 30 years of trying and we win a conference championship, he retires and Frost steps in with a few years of HC experience. Worst case, we win five games for 1 or 2 more years, Riley is fired and same thing happens

• Fire 1

If Bo had added Scott Frost to his staff, Bo would have quickly become less popular than his OC and the calls for a promotion for Scott would have never stopped. It would take a confident HC to hare such a popular native son as his OC.

Of course. That is the first thing I thought of when first heard the SF Nebraska OC story. There is no way Bo would have taken Frost on because of just what you stated.

Didn't Beck try to emulate Oregon's offense the last couple years? Funny how Bo could've just got the guy himself...

No Beck's offense was mostly Nevada Pistol read option, but he junked the pass portion of it for KU's pass attack I think. Ultimately it was some bastard hybrid that never really worked.

Lol! After all these years, and now we finally have a name for it. I like this better than "multiple"

Gawd, after hearing Beck say it so many times, I couldn't even teach my math class basic facts, I was so sick of the word.

All it ever really amounted to was "multiple" misfires, "multiple" miscues, "multiple" screw-ups, and ultimately "multiple" inexplicable losses

Gawd, after hearing Beck say it so many times, I couldn't even teach my math class basic facts, I was so sick of the word.

All it ever really amounted to was "multiple" misfires, "multiple" miscues, "multiple" screw-ups, and ultimately "multiple" inexplicable losses

Now you know how I feel about the word "balance".

Now you know how I feel about the word "balance".
+1