Seems there will be some attrition of roster

Not much potential for meaningful snaps in this offense for a RB, save for pass blocking or catching a pass out of the backfield.

Going strictly by the facts, Nebraska averaged 35 rushes per game, and had better per game yardage and per carry average than the offenses being run at Michigan State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Penn State.

So RBs will continue to be at least as meaningful at Nebraska as they are at these traditional Big 10 programs. Let's just hope they can be more successful.

Tommy Armstrong and the WRs running jet sweeps say "Hi!"

They did indeed say "hi" and we had a great chat about the other 25 carries that went to the running backs, who it turns out had no idea their snaps weren't considered meaningful by message board posters.

Boom, Roasted! +1

(we also had a good chuckle that running backs wouldn't consider catching passes out of the backfield a rewarding aspect of the job)

C'mon man. We can't have actual logic and numbers and stuff when we are going all poopy pants.

I think you're right. If Ozigbo can learn to be a better pass blocker there's no reason he can't get at least half the carries next year.

Or Ozigbo can just forget about being a supplemental pass blocker, focus on his running ability, and go somewhere and be the featured back that prioritizes the running game... :dunno

I get it, we should never lose to Purdue or Illinois but some of you gotta stop drinking your tear loaded bath water.

Being a good running back on the Huskers is no longer a guarantee that you will get meaningful carries or even considered useful. Exhibit A would be the highlight reel of Andy Janovich's runs against Iowa...after four interceptions in the passing game...and facing a 4th and 1.

Yes, this has been brought up ad nauseum, but even if it makes you throw up, it bears repeating.

Seeing as how there is no OL rotation and under Cav there won't be, I would expect defections there. I would also expect a QB or 2 to look to go elsewhere. No guesses, just a thought. I wouldn't be surprised at RB either. The management of that roster is confusing at best. At the time, many had no issues with Green leaving to TCU. In hindsight, that was a huge loss IMO. So even though some positions we look "deep", the reality is we probably one guy leaving away from having little to no depth....

This isn't a knock on Riley. Every coach, on every team experiences attrition.

I agree. If I played for coaches in college who were adamant about a system that was proven not to be efficient weekend after weekend, I would relocate to a better lead/coached program.

Not much potential for meaningful snaps in this offense for a RB, save for pass blocking or catching a pass out of the backfield.

Going strictly by the facts, Nebraska averaged 35 rushes per game, and had better per game yardage and per carry average than the offenses being run at Michigan State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Penn State.

So RBs will continue to be at least as meaningful at Nebraska as they are at these traditional Big 10 programs. Let's just hope they can be more successful.

They did indeed say "hi" and we had a great chat about the other 25 carries that went to the running backs, who it turns out had no idea their snaps weren't considered meaningful by message board posters.

Unfortunately, 22 of those other 25 runs went to a pass blocker listed as a "running back" and consisted of plays entitled either "Run into pile" or "Run along line of scrimmage and fall down by sideline." But keep telling yourself this staff is more committed to the run than most Big Ten programs.

Some of you are so upset at our record that it has ruined your brains.

Ozigbo, a MR recruit, not a Bo holdover, that played as a true freshman is going to transfer?

Newby thinks he can outrun everyone like it is still high school. Cross is gone and Ozigbo can't see he is going to pick up carries and passes out of the backfield?

I get it, we should never lose to Purdue or Illinois but some of you gotta stop drinking your tear loaded bath water.

Tear loaded bath water.... You sir have just earned an honorary doctorate in smartassism from Web Forum U. Love it. Also you are correct, Ozigbo is going nowhere

• Fire 1

Seeing as how there is no OL rotation and under Cav there won't be, I would expect defections there. I would also expect a QB or 2 to look to go elsewhere. No guesses, just a thought. I wouldn't be surprised at RB either. The management of that roster is confusing at best. At the time, many had no issues with Green leaving to TCU. In hindsight, that was a huge loss IMO. So even though some positions we look "deep", the reality is we probably one guy leaving away from having little to no depth....

This isn't a knock on Riley. Every coach, on every team experiences attrition.

I would imagine somebody probably moves-on at QB. I would be shocked if it doesn't happen at RB, and that is sad because ya it's definitely management-related. We couldn't do anything about Green, he was homesick and really in need of an attitude adjustment. Braylon Heard we definitely dropped the ball on, like we dropped the ball on Wilbon this season. Hell I'd say this was even worse since Heard never just disappeared and ended-up on scout-team. Hard to say what's going on with Taylor since we've never seen him play.

I think you're right. If Ozigbo can learn to be a better pass blocker there's no reason he can't get at least half the carries next year.

Or Ozigbo can just forget about being a supplemental pass blocker, focus on his running ability, and go somewhere and be the featured back that prioritizes the running game... :dunno
Why would he leave if he's a Riley recruit, played as a true freshman, and has the possibility to be the feature back next year?

Unfortunately, 22 of those other 25 runs went to a pass blocker listed as a "running back" and consisted of plays entitled either "Run into pile" or "Run along line of scrimmage and fall down by sideline." But keep telling yourself this staff is more committed to the run than most Big Ten programs.

Lol...now you are just being rediculous. Those "pass blockers" were Bo's recruits and when did he ever mention a thing about a RB needing to be a good pass blocker.

So much for our running game being sub par. Yet this staff felt the need to wing the ball around, in bad weather, with an option style QB.

(Shakes head....)

You act like we didn't run the ball at all. smh