DT Amir Watts [Pittsburgh Commit]

Mavric

Defensive Line

Chambers and Fitzgerald were great, but Amir Watts and Osa Odighizuwa also had strong days.
Watts was in the backfield often today and registered a sack, while Odighizuwa is just very consistent in firing off the ball, using his hands well, and driving guards and centers back into the play.

247 Semper Fi practice report

Mav, when are these all star games played?

Defensive Line

Chambers and Fitzgerald were great, but Amir Watts and Osa Odighizuwa also had strong days.
Watts was in the backfield often today and registered a sack, while Odighizuwa is just very consistent in firing off the ball, using his hands well, and driving guards and centers back into the play.

247 Semper Fi practice report

Mav, when are these all star games played?

A couple this weekend. A couple next weekend.

I agree Watts is an important recruit, but not any more so because of VV leaving. A reach isn't going to fill Valentine's role (or Williams if he's gone), and he only had one year left.

Looking at Mav's updated list of who's on scholarship, I'm equally worried about getting another TE and more depth at WR, based on the number of seniors at those positions, and lack of numbers for after this year.

I agree Watts is an important recruit, but not any more so because of VV leaving. A reach isn't going to fill Valentine's role (or Williams if he's gone), and he only had one year left.

Looking at Mav's updated list of who's on scholarship, I'm equally worried about getting another TE and more depth at WR, based on the number of seniors at those positions, and lack of numbers for after this year.

My reaching comment was sarcasm because it's what we are about to start doing.

I think it effects the position a little this year and a lot moving forward. We need a body that can come in this year and if we get a guy or 2 nicked up they might have to be ready to play. 5 possible bodies at the position in a physical league you can almost expect any DT we have to not RS. Only way they don't is if we move Mcmullen inside which I think will happen and slide a guy from OG over to defense like DJ Foster.