DT Amir Watts [Pittsburgh Commit]

Mavric

another swing and a miss...I would be very surprised if he chose us, now that he no longer plans on visiting.

How do you know it was not our choice?
It wasnt. He likes their new coach from his time at Toledo and wants to stay as close to Chicago as possible.

I could not find the article, but Banker stated that they have a number for each position group & that they were looking to add 1 DL. Since they had the option to move McMullen inside, they were looking for a speed rusher.

You'd have to assume it's a mutual parting?

I sure hope not.

I just don't understand what would make him drop us for ISU then. No offense to them but unless he's also a bandie, there's not much to look forward to there.

There has to be something going on if he is choosing to visit ISU over us, right?

another swing and a miss...I would be very surprised if he chose us, now that he no longer plans on visiting.

It wasnt. He likes their new coach from his time at Toledo and wants to stay as close to Chicago as possible.

Really? He's going to let 2.5 hours of interstate be the decision maker between here and ISU?

I could not find the article, but Banker stated that they have a number for each position group & that they were looking to add 1 DL. Since they had the option to move McMullen inside, they were looking for a speed rusher.
Very correct to a point. Speed rusher the #1 priority on the Dline. However they "probably" wanted a high school DT too. Banker said in that article they want 15 scholly Dline guys. We were at 14 at the time of that article hence for sure the pass rusher. Then VV opted we have another spot, better chance than not that KWILL gone. That gives us 3 Dline spots. After next season we will have 4 scholly DT's, I'd sure hope we add one this year. And preferably not a reach.

Really? He's going to let 2.5 hours of interstate be the decision maker between here and ISU?
Just what I read...premium article or id post. Honestly I don't think he ends up at ISU, IU would be my guess right now. Also visiting Pitt.

We have no depth at DE, so doing that full time doesn't make much sense.

If we're only looking to add one more DL, it's only because that's all we think we can get. Otherwise, we wouldn't have been offering all the guys we have been.

We have no depth at DE, so doing that full time doesn't make much sense.

They are looking at 15 schollies for DL and with Valentine leaving, they are only looking for 1 or 2 & speed ends are a priority. The staff seems to be happy with the youth, King, 3 Davis & Neal.