DT Amir Watts [Pittsburgh Commit]

Mavric

Have we heard anything positive from the players about HH? I mean if you cant recruit that just tells me he cant relate to kids. Thats going to carry over to coaching. The top 3 returning d tackles said peace out. Really only 1 d line recruit and hes an in state kid. Anybody with the size and two functioning legs should be able to challenge for playing time but theres no interest. Im no columbo but seems like there might be a problem.

It seemed like an odd hire...of course lots of HughesUppers told us how he had all these boss run defenses at Uconn...The problem was, getting a DL coach like Ed O was just not going to happen, a guy like that had no interest in NU
He said he was interested back then, hence all the buzz.

The DL recruiting, combined with valentine leaving and Kevin Williams threatening to go makes you wonder what is going on...

Have we heard anything positive from the players about HH? I mean if you cant recruit that just tells me he cant relate to kids. Thats going to carry over to coaching. The top 3 returning d tackles said peace out. Really only 1 d line recruit and hes an in state kid. Anybody with the size and two functioning legs should be able to challenge for playing time but theres no interest. Im no columbo but seems like there might be a problem.

It seemed like an odd hire...of course lots of HughesUppers told us how he had all these boss run defenses at Uconn...The problem was, getting a DL coach like Ed O was just not going to happen, a guy like that had no interest in NU

The DL recruiting, combined with valentine leaving and Kevin Williams threatening to go makes you wonder what is going on...

I don't think they dislike the guy...I just think it was a bit of a perfect storm. Collins high pick...VV graduated already...KW has a Masters...

I just think he can't recruit at all...I am guessing his personality makes him human-sandpaper

Was Ogereon interested in coming to NU as DL coach or the DC? I remember reading some stuff that he was interested in coming to Nebraska (that Ogereon put out I believe), I just don't remember what capacity it was in. If it was a DC job then there is no point in getting heartburn since Riley/Banker are pretty well attached at the hip and I think it would take a Cosgrovian level of defense for a DC change to be made.

Lots of posters including myself have expressed our dislike for Hank Hughes. Why is Riley holding onto this dead weight?

While I agree, his on field results are probably why. But one could argue that was due to 2 NFL DT's.

Yeah I'm not buying that.

I'm not buying it either. We need our coaches to excel both on the field and in the recruiting arena. He has not done a darn thing on the recruiting front.

Tough to find those guys who fit that criteria and would be interested in coming to NU. I guess if you put a gun to my head, I'd rather my DLine coach be an excellent teacher moreso than excellent recruiter. Don't get me wrong, recruiting is the lifeblood of every program but so much of what makes a good DLineman into a great one is technique. If I were a big time recruit I'd be looking for the guy who could take my game to the next level and not maybe the guy I clicked the best with. I think maybe lineman are wired a little differently since they don't get all the glory like the skill position guys do. I could be totally off base here, buy hey's just my 2 cents.

I think we need to questions HH's recruiting ability. We have really struggled to get talent on the D-line.

Not sure if correct, but i remember hearing HH doesnt even recruit. Any info on this? I dont believe he actually goes out on the road. If true, then total waste of air/life on this staff.

Was Ogereon interested in coming to NU as DL coach or the DC? I remember reading some stuff that he was interested in coming to Nebraska (that Ogereon put out I believe), I just don't remember what capacity it was in. If it was a DC job then there is no point in getting heartburn since Riley/Banker are pretty well attached at the hip and I think it would take a Cosgrovian level of defense for a DC change to be made.

Maybe he wanted DC, I can't remember

I think we need to questions HH's recruiting ability. We have really struggled to get talent on the D-line.

Not sure if correct, but i remember hearing HH doesnt even recruit. Any info on this? I dont believe he actually goes out on the road. If true, then total waste of air/life on this staff.

I heard very little about him talking to recruits during the season. Of course, there really weren't any recruits we were in on so I'm not sure which was the chicken and which was the egg.

He did go on the road the first week of December. He visited Watts, Ivy and Kongbo twice. But that's not exactly a heavy travel schedule. Half as much as Cav and Bray and about a third as much as Stewart from what I was able to put together.

• 2 weeks later...