6 Years Ago Today

After Nebraska was robbed by the A**holes in the Big XII that year they went to the Holiday Bowl and played Arizona. On the first series O'Hanlon (I think) got an interception deep on Zona's side of the field and I arrogantly turned to Zona fan sitting next to me and said "Game over". He responded with "There's a lot of football left". I just smiled and sat down and thought to myself, little does he know....

I long for a defense so dominant, and that I had so much confidence in...that even with the anemic offense Nebraska had in 2009, an interception on the first series, which guaranteed at least a field goal, pretty much sewed up the game for Nebraska. I know that had a lot to do with one particular player being on the field...and Nebraska may never get another one like him...but one can dream, right?

• Fire 1

After Nebraska was robbed by the A**holes in the Big XII that year they went to the Holiday Bowl and played Arizona. On the first series O'Hanlon (I think) got an interception deep on Zona's side of the field and I arrogantly turned to Zona fan sitting next to me and said "Game over". He responded with "There's a lot of football left". I just smiled and sat down and thought to myself, little does he know....

I long for a defense so dominant, and that I had so much confidence in...that even with the anemic offense Nebraska had in 2009, an interception on the first series, which guaranteed at least a field goal, pretty much sewed up the game for Nebraska. I know that had a lot to do with one particular player being on the field...and Nebraska may never get another one like him...but one can dream, right?

I love a dominant defense.

I loved that defense, and it was more than Suh, he had alot to do with things, but think about those DB's. Asante, Hagg, Gomes, Amukamura, O'Hanlon. They were fun to watch

It's funny to look down that roster and see all the freshmen that were seniors in 2013, and 2014

Oh no, the refs undoubtedly made the correct call. Ball hit the ground with :01 left. As it was, it was still a long FG for Hunter Lawrence, who drilled it. We played a really, really good game against the Horns, and it had me thinking that this was just a stepping stone towards greater things in 2010, which it was...until Texas 20 Nebraska 13, and Oklahoma 24 Nebraska 17

Texas was the thorn in Bo's side, and was there to kick him and Nebraska back down the mountain just whenever we'd think Nebraska was going to finally reach a proverbial top. Just unfortunate.

• Fire 1

Nope...the time ran off the clock. Refs are not supposed to change the clock and do not review the clock in situations like that unless (as the rules state) there has been an "egregious error" with the clock operation. The clock stops when the ref signals for the clock to stop, not when the Big XII officials tell them the clock should have stopped. Watch football games and the clock ticks after the ball hits the ground on incomplete passes or goes out of bounds all the time...even at the end of games. That game was over and no time should have been put back on the clock. Sorry, but you two are simply wrong. That was some Big XII, Texas officiating.

• Fire 2

Look...did the ball "hit" the gound...of course!

Here is the problem...you (no one) sees it hit the ground...it is blocked by a few people...we only see it bounce back up...

The problem with that is you are now assuming it hit the ground (it did) and bounced up (it did)...but again YOU DON'T SEE IT HIT THE GROUND

Here is the problem...you (no one) sees it hit the ground...it is blocked by a few people...we only see it bounce back up...

The problem with that is you are now assuming it hit the ground (it did) and bounced up (it did)...but again YOU DON'T SEE IT HIT THE GROUND

True, but the bigger issue here is that the refs signaled the play dead AFTER the clock ticked to 00:00 so...game over. That is unless you have people from UT running your conference.

• Fire 1

True, but the bigger issue here is that the refs signaled the play dead AFTER the clock ticked to 00:00 so...game over. That is unless you have people from UT running your conference.

The head ref was/is from here in Omaha...I know him personally.

The head ref was/is from here in Omaha...I know him personally.

Well, he was influenced by people in the booth who told him to put time on the clock and allow TexASS to kick a field goal. When the clock ticked to 00:00 with no "egregious" clock mismanagement by the officiating or clock operators, then the game was over. That's the way the rule reads and that's the way it is done hundreds of times a year. The clock stops when the ref puts his arms up and gives the signal to stop it...sometimes a second clicks off between when he sees what he thinks should stop play and the clock actually stopping, but the clock is not changed. BUT...when it gives TexASS another shot to win the BigXII...then it's treated entirely differently.

So next time you talk to your buddy from Omaha tell him he was wrong and if he tries to give some weak-ass explanation for why he did what he did, then ask him why they don't review the clock and put time back every time a second runs after the ref gives the signal to stop the clock.

• Fire 1