Worst thing about Hawkeye success

Not discouraged tbh. Play like we did the last 3 games, minus the TOs of course, and we can compete for the conference right now. Hopefully upgrade the talent at some positions and we got stew going.

As disappointing as this season was as a whole we were much closer to competing with the top of the league this year than in recent years.

Yes and no. It feels like we are, but then we have to remember 2012 where we beat the B1G Champ earlier in the season only to get curb stomped by them in the B1G Championship. This staff keeps the games fairly close. The previous staff was so Jeckyl and Hyde where we might win the game or we might lose by 40.

When we played Iowa, it really felt like the team was hitting on all cylinders with the exception of Tommy Arm Punt. I'm excited for the Bowl Game, and I'm excited for next season.

Not discouraged tbh. Play like we did the last 3 games, minus the TOs of course, and we can compete for the conference right now. Hopefully upgrade the talent at some positions and we got stew going.

As disappointing as this season was as a whole we were much closer to competing with the top of the league this year than in recent years.

There really is no truth to the bolded, see Purdue and Illinois.

To me the worst part is that NU has the better players but the worse staff

OMG,,KF was on the hotseat after last season. Their success is due to casting off a very average QB and replacing him. The difference between us and them is ball protection by the QB. One more pick and Tommy is tied for the most picks in football. Guess that game off helped out in that category.

There really is no truth to the bolded, see Purdue and Illinois.

If wonder boy does what the coach says, you could cross off the Illinois issue and if TA had been well enough to play,we would have only had two picks instead of four..cough cough..

To me the worst part is that NU has the better players but the worse staff

You need a different hobby

Prolly think the last staff was better than this one too

Nope...the last staff was brutal

So you judge the staff we have now based on 1 year performance?

I think that over the course of the careers of each coach that Ferentz a better coach.

I don't look at it as just one year but the entire career. I am sure that SE did the same exact thing when hiring Riley. I don't think SE just looked at the previous year as his only means of data.

Weather we like or not, all staffs are always judged in some way. They get judged on game day, throughout the season and year after year. Some judge with a more critical eye than others, and some call or wish for immediate consequences for poor coaching, while other show patience. Its all part of being a fan.

Honestly, happy for their fans, the kids and the staff. At the beginning of the year, many on this board thought Ferentz should be fired. He was absolutely terrible, some were glad he was there because it made it easier for Nebraska.

Strange, most that are calling our current staff terrible, were the ones saying Iowa's staff sucked. Maybe they are not quite as smart as they claim to be. All unemployed, division 1 wannabee coaches it seems.

You can always twist things the way you want them I guess.

We beat a playoff team, lost to one that was very close to being one, lost questionable games for sure, but if we won those games under Bo it showed their will to win, not lucky calls.

This season sucked, but some on here work very hard to make every day suck. Negatives seldom add up to positives. Yea we lost a lot of games, but we saw the kids keep playing working and never quit. Hard to say that about the past staff. No Blow outs, no National melt downs on TV by team, or Boner. Makes for a good year for me. I see promise. Last year and a few before I saw hate for fans and Nebraska.

Nate Meir, Fremont Mills, IA. His dad works in Omaha.

Drew Ott

Cole Fischer

Matt VanDeberg, South Dakota

The roster is littered with more kids from SD and Iowa that NU should be getting. Iowa is getting these productive players that NU is over-looking.

Gotta hand it to them, they're making it work.

Agreed that Iowa is making it work. But I'm thinking it's more so a product of having a system in place since every recruit has walked through those doors. Ott is most likely the only one who would be starting. There's been plenty of misses on Neb kids getting scholarships that never panned out.