Kyle Allen to Transfer

Blackshirt96

I think he would fit our system light years better than our current spread/option starter. I say go for it and make Tommy actually earn a starting position, if he can't then we move along.

This is meaningless as he would have to sit out a transfer year. So Tommy would be gone before Allen would be eligible to play.

Well thanks for pissing in my cheerios. Meany head.

Then no, there is no reason to go after him if he has to sit for a year, by 2017 POB will be our starter if not sooner.

I would welcome a transfer QB at NU, even if he has to sit out next year. POB looks to have plenty of ability, but I wouldn't put it all on his shoulders.

I know Riley got to NU late in the recruiting process last year, but I think he missed the boat when he didn't bring in a QB in the 2015 class.

Eh. We went all in on the tOSU commit (IDR his name for some reason). We had enough bodies at QB there was no real reason to get someone unless they fit the system perfectly.

Then no, there is no reason to go after him if he has to sit for a year, by 2017 POB will be our starter if not sooner.

Possibly, but there is no such thing as too many spares in the Big 10. Players tend to get broken at an alarming rate in this conference. Lots of large people colliding with everybody on the field each and every play and what not.

We don't know if POB will even play a down at Nebraska. No knock against him, just percentages. If he does become the starter, legitimate competition would only make him better -- and lack of it could set him up to fall short of what he could be.

Feels like a long shot that Nebraska would be a major player for a transfer like this, but you never know. Really I think any interest shown by Nebraska is a statement about the urgency to improve the competition at QB. Awesome.

Remember when Sumlin was the next hot coach?

Winning at the CFB level is a lot tougher than most fans appreciate. Sumlin is a good coach, but despite his recruiting, he's not had a winning record in the SEC since his first year.

I may start a "Where are They Now?" Thread about the guys who were considered the best 20 coaches in CFB as of 2011.

you should actually do that. The results of your findings would probably be interesting.

Remember when Sumlin was the next hot coach?

Winning at the CFB level is a lot tougher than most fans appreciate. Sumlin is a good coach, but despite his recruiting, he's not had a winning record in the SEC since his first year.

I may start a "Where are They Now?" Thread about the guys who were considered the best 20 coaches in CFB as of 2011.

I would be curious to see that. Not 2011, but Gus Malzahn comes to mind as hot coach who has been on the decline since his first year championship game at Auburn followed up with two sub-par years.

I think he would fit our system light years better than our current spread/option starter. I say go for it and make Tommy actually earn a starting position, if he can't then we move along.

This is meaningless as he would have to sit out a transfer year. So Tommy would be gone before Allen would be eligible to play.

Well thanks for pissing in my cheerios. Meany head.

Who needs a backup plan. POB for Heisman 2017

Allen was in Houston this weekend to meet with Tom Herman.

Herman signed on with Houston for $3M a year for 5 years. My guess is Houston is the next power 5 team.

I would love to see the SEC widen its footprint in Texas by adding Houston. Man it would be a kick to the nuts for UT.

No No No.. Would love to see them in a Power 5 but they will not get the constant flow of talent to compete in the SEC week in and week out.

Herman signed on with Houston for $3M a year for 5 years. My guess is Houston is the next power 5 team.

I would love to see the SEC widen its footprint in Texas by adding Houston. Man it would be a kick to the nuts for UT.

No No No.. Would love to see them in a Power 5 but they will not get the constant flow of talent to compete in the SEC week in and week out.

Yeah, there is no way that the SEC would even look to U of H.

Yeah, there is no way that the SEC would even look to U of H.

I would also doubt they get added, if you read my qoute. It was more about F'ing over UT. I would guess though that the Big 12 will add Houston in the near future. They sit in the middle of a recruiting hotbed & they have a large doner willing to pony up the money to be competitive.